The First Date [Tag: Fawkes/Isolde]

All the rest of the Northern Continent that Atricis left behind. Atricis' old Holds can be found within, as well as all the other Holds and Weyrs and old lands left behind.
Kate

Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:29 am

K'uavaen checked himself over in the mirror, one last time. As much as he wasn't vain, he had spent much of the past half candlemark trying to make sure that he looked his best. Today was the day he was actually going to ask Isolde out on a date. They had seen each other a few times while she was still a daywherling, and thank Farnath they had never been caught. He could just, never say no to her, no matter how much he had been afraid of getting caught.

She had told him months ago to ask her after she graduated, and now, it was time. Again, they had been "seeing" each other but they had yet to be on an actual date. His blues eyes darted to the mirror once again, reassuring himself that he looked good enough for a date.

He hadn't even said anything to her. The blue rider had made up his mind that he was just going to surprise her. He quickly ran a hand through his hair, although he had already brushed it. After that he stopped at the table, picking up the wildflowers he had gathered for her earlier and walked out of the apartment.

Synsith, can you meet me at the Crafters Complex? I need you to take Isolde and I to Walled.. The blue quickly agreed, although K'uavaen had never doubted it. Synsith never said no, never expressed tiredness or anything like that. Usually it was his rider that ended up telling Synsith it was time to stop or whatnot.

It didn't take the dark haired young man long to get to the Crafters Complex and find the Hall where Isolde worked. He walked in, spotting her, and he couldn't stop a smile from coming to his face. He took a deep breath, and walked over to her, pulling the flowers out and handing them out to her. "Hey....are you almost done? I'm taking you out to Walled on a real date...dinner, drinks...whatever you want"
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:33 am

She was finally Graduated from wherlinghood, free of the rest of her class, of the Masters looming over her, free from rules and curfew and the unpleasantness of being treated like cubs for a Turn. Isolde was finally free to continue life as normal as before, with the except of Reshelde, and guard duty with the Pack from time to time. The grayhandler wasn't the most thrilled about becoming part of this Pack, and even after a Turn, she was still ostracizing herself as much as possible, though Reshi seemed to have an easier time than her. Isolde made her appearances as needed, performed her duties on guard and worked her shifts just like everyone else, but that didn't mean she had to make friends with all of them.

The journeywoman preferred the peace and quiet of her workroom, had yearned for those long days spent with the spools of fabric and thread, making beautiful things out of thin air and once she could finally return, she spent most of her waking moments in the craft hall. Reshelde had learned long ago how to enjoy a content silence with his mistress, and the daywher usually accompanied her to her work room and quickly learned that the scraps of fabric made for excellent bedding once he'd gathered them all up. For the southerner, it was reminiscent to when her feline Quill used to lay at her feet while she worked, but in this case, Reshi could talk back when she mused aloud to him.

"Hmmm....The red, or black thread for this?" The tailor hummed in thought, holding up a crimson piece of cloth which she planned to attach a sheer dark overlay to give it fluidity and shadow to the garment. Well...The black would blend in, and the red would stand out...which would you rather? The gray said after lifting his head to inspect what the woman was commenting on. Reshi knew she already had an answer for her own question, his mistress just wanted to hear someone else think the same thing and he was happy to oblige. "You're right, the red it is then, let the stitches give it some flair. I'll even add a few extra embroidery knots here and there." Isolde decided with a content nod and was getting ready to get back down to business then and began to gather up the materials and lay them out flat on her work table.

Just when she had everything prepped and ready, there was the silhouette of a man standing at her door frame and his presence alerted the gray daywher quickly enough. The hunter rose partly up in surprise and instinct to protect his mistress, but when he got a better look, Reshelde gave a huff and relaxed a little easier. It's just K'uavaen... The gray bespoke with a snort and then lowered back down onto his bedding of comfy scraps. At the name however, Isolde was drawn away from her work, and chocolate eyes fluttered up the man in the door way just as he began speaking.

"Hey....are you almost done?"

"Only just beginning actually." The journeywomen replied pleasantly enough, a smile starting to tug at the corners of her lips. While she'd only just begun a project, if K'uavaen had something better in mind, she certainly wouldn't be opposed to it.

"I'm taking you out to Walled on a real date...dinner, drinks...whatever you want."

The promise of a date with the bluerider sounded nice, however his choice of location was a bit off the mark and there was an obvious leer in her eye when he mentioned the Southern Hold. Not many were privy to the truth of her coming to Atricis, the fact that she ranaway from her prominent family in order to rebel and seek out her own life and escape their plans for her. She preferred that people usually thought she was an emissary from the Hold, a renowned crafter that choose to offer her skills to the Weyr in parley, but in actuality, she'd deserted her family and stole her youngest brother and one of her family's slaves with her. Needless to say, returning to Walled was not in the woman's best interests, but she didn't really want to tell K'uavaen about that whole affair so she tried to brush over that bit of nastiness of her past.

The gray handler tried to hide her disapproval with a radiant smile though, standing up from her work stool and sweeping around the corner of her desk to come around to his side. The flowers were a nice touch, and Isolde couldn't help but admire them a moment, delicately reaching for one to bring closer to her nose for a pleasant sniff. "They're lovely...Thank you." The woman said softly, glancing up at the bluerider with a soft smile. "A date with you sounds wonderful...but, let's go somewhere different tonight." Isolde said, doing her best to keep the waver out of her voice as she tried to subvert them away from Walled. "You have a dragon, we can go anywhere we want." The tailor said, slowly wrapping an arm around his waist and pulling herself a little closer to him, but keeping the flowers snugly between them. "I've never seen any part of the North before..." She offered coyly, hoping to sidetrack him instead of too many questions.
"You are only given one little spark of madness,
... you mustn't lose it"

ImageImageImage
The Lady . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Vixen . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Knight

ImageImageImage
The Matron . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Joker . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Princess

Image Image
The Mariner . ~ * ~ . The Spirit

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #B72334/#C3C3D0 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Kate

Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:26 am

K'uavaen could not help but smile just a bit. She seemed happy enough to see him. That had to be a good sign right? Reshelde didn't see him as a threat, which was always a plus. He knew the gray knew that he would never hurt Isolde. Well, not on purpose anyway. Although, she was pretty much ALWAYS glad to see him. Even if it was just so that they could have some "fun". He could not help but frown just a bit though when she told him that she was just starting on a project. Should he really be taking her away from her craft, from the things that she needed to do? What if this was something that couldn't wait? Or worse, what if she was just stalling so that she could tell him no? He quickly dismissed that thought from his mind. No, it didn't matter. She wouldn't tell him no, she had said they could at least try. Besides, if she was busy tonight, that was all she had to say. If they didn't go on a date tonight, that didn't mean that they could not go on one in a few days when she was available. He needed to stop thinking the worst. If this was going to work, it was going to work. If it didn't, well, at least they could say they gave it a shot. No matter what though, he had a feeling they would still be seeing each other once in a while.

As she moved towards him, his blue eyes watched her for a moment. The blue rider just couldn't help himself, and Isolde knew it as well. There was just something about watching her. He gave her a soft smile as she complimented the flowers. "You're welcome, I figured you'd like something nice.." Ok, so the flowers weren't the "nicest" gift he could give her, but it had honestly seemed appropriate for a first date. K'uavaen hadn't known if she liked any particular kind of flower, so, wildflowers had been his choice, and apparently he had chosen well.

Blue eyes studied hers for a moment. There had been....something there when he had mentioned Walled. Or had he been imagining it? In the blink of an eye it seemed to be gone, so he just, let it go. Apparently he had just thought he saw something. She didn't want to go to Walled though? He guessed she did have a point. He WAS a dragon rider, and while Walled was a nice place to go for dinner and a date, they could go ANYWHERE. He felt her arm around his waist, and watched as she moved closer. He chuckled a bit. "Alright, well, if you don't want to go to Walled, we can't find somewhere else to go. I get your point..."

He thought for a moment, although it was slightly hard to do with her so close to him. He managed to keep his mind busy with thinking of other things. Finally, a thought came to him, although he wasn't sure if it would freighten her away or not. "Well, if you want to go North...I could...I could take you to where I'm from. We could so spend our date in Benden..." He didn't know if taking her to where he was from on the first date was a good thing or not, but it had been the first thing that had popped into his mind, so he had said it. "Only if you want to of course. This date is all about what YOU want. You know me, I'm pretty much good with anything.."
Fawkes
Junior Admin

Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:55 pm

When she'd asked about going somewhere other than Walled, she was a bit hesitant to find out his answer. Perhaps he'd already arranged a whole night for them in the southern Hold and didn't want to deter from his carefully laid plans. His appearance had seemed spontaneous enough, but she had been expecting it for a few days now, wondering when the bluerider would find a way to sweep her off her feet, try to convince her to settle down with him for a time. In her mind, if a man was to take a lady on a serious date, he'd would do better having a plan in mind, though she had just thrown a rather large kink in his plans if that was the case.

However, K'uavaen didn't seem to be too far knocked off course though, and the bluerider readily accepted her challenge to change the venue of their night out. The southerner seemed to almost breathe a sigh of relief as she leaned against the man a little more, feeling safer just knowing they weren't going to go to anywhere near Walled. At the suggestion of going north to Benden, Isolde's interest was piqued and her brows rose slightly as a playful smile inched it's way across her lips. She'd heard of this Benden before, it's power and might as a ruling force in the North, and she had always hoped to see this place with her own two eyes someday, and now she had her chance. "Hmmm....I think I'd like that." The woman purred as she stepped up carefully to place a tempting kiss to the stubbled cheek.

"What I want?" The woman asked, leaning back to look at the bluerider as a wide and devious grin began to spread over her lips. "Well, in that case, we're not going anywhere." Isolde teased, leaning in again to place a searing kiss on the man's lips, drawing him toward her as want began to replace the idea of a date. However, before that desire built too high, she broke away from K'uavaen, curling her lips mischievously as they parted. "I'd love to go to Benden with you...Let me just change into something a little nicer." She whispered softly, fluttering her lips over his once more, and then slowly prying away from the bluerider.

Taking a last appreciative sniff of the flowers, she smiled warmly at the man as she began to back away. "I have a glass of water on my desk, you can put those in there for now. I'll find something more appropriate when we get back and I can take them home." The woman said, her chocolate eyes lingering on the man even as she took careful steps backwards toward a nearby closet. Her lips curled coyly as she gave him a last look before turning away abruptly and opening the cabinet doors, disappearing a moment behind them.

Can I come too? I want to see the North, just as much as you do... The gray hunter asked, shifting slightly in his bed of fabric scraps and glancing from the woman, to the dragonrider and back again. Maybe that blue thing can carry me? Reshelde asked hopefully, a soft mewl escaping him while he rose to sit on his haunches instead, watching his mistress carefully.

Perhaps...I will ask. The woman replied, while she pondered over the dresses inside the closet, thumbing over the different colors and styles until she found just the right one. She kept in mind that the North experienced different climates than their own, so she chose something that was a little thicker of fabric, longer in the sleeves, and would serve to keep her comfortable, while still highlighting each and every one of her attributes for K'uavaen and whoever else may care to look. The sleeves were lace, but they would do well enough to cover her arms while indoors and she had already chosen a black and gold shawl to accompany her should it prove colder than she anticipated.

The woman emerged from the closet hold the two black garments and laid the shawl across the hunter's gray shoulders for the time being with a playful sort of smile at the gray day wher, before she turned back to K'uavaen with a warm look. "Reshi wants to know if he can come too. If Synsith might be able to carry him if we go North. He's never been either." The woman started, all the while beginning to strip out of the working clothes she had on. It was nothing special, a simple dress that allowed her to move freely and work without getting in her way, but if they were going on a proper date, she certainly needed something nicer to wear. Isolde didn't seem to mind her nudity in front of K;uavaen, for the bluerider had seen it all before and it was obvious that she enjoyed flaunting it before him as well. While standing freely before him for a moment, there was a devilish grin on her face as she looked at K. "Or, we could stay here...." She teased and tempted the man while standing quite bare and inviting before him.

With the softest chuckle though, she broke away and reached for the little black dress she'd chosen for herself and quickly shimmied into the fabric, forgoing the thought of undergarments, for they'd only leave lines against the smooth fabric of the dress. She was actually quite intrigued by the idea of a date with the bluerider, to see how they worked together outside of the bedroom and the physical aspect of their relationship, so as much as she teased, she was intent that they also enjoy this time away from the Weyr, with each other. However, they both knew where this night was going to lead, so of course Isolde couldn't help but tease the man mercilessly along the way, make him desire her so much that the moment they were alone again, she knew the night would end gloriously.

Adjusting the black dress just a little, pulling the shoulders up or down, straightening out the front and making sure her bosom was held firmly by the tight fabric, and giving her dark locks a gentle fluff for wave and volume, Isolde made sure she looked absolutely stunning before her gaze fluttered back up to the blueriders'. "What do you think?" Isolde asked, giving the man a bit of a slow twirl to allow him to admire the thing of beauty that he could call his own for the night. Facing him once more, the southerner stepped up a bit closer, seeing that glint of desire in his eyes and grinning softly. "You're going to have to wait until the end of the night mister..." She teased, poking against his chest playfully as if chastising him for those naughty thoughts, though even she was having a hard time waiting. "I'm glad you asked me out tonight though." Isolde added, a little more seriously as her chocolate fluttered up to meet his once more, a softer more genuine smile taking place of the tempting one.
... you mustn't lose it"

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Image Image

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #B72334/#C3C3D0 | #181D68
Kate

Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:22 am

K'uavaen could not help but smile as she leaned into him a bit more. He was very tempted to pull her close and ravish those delicious lips of hers, but he refrained. Tonight was not about that. Well, maybe the end of the night would be, but for right now, he wanted to take her on a real date, and maybe get to know her a bit more. Thoughts of how it might go came to his mind, but he quickly dismissed them. He did not want to dwell on what MIGHT happen, but for a moment now, they came back, and he couldn't stop them. What if she didn't want to get to know each other? What if they had nothing in common? Her voice broke through his thoughts, and a smile came to his face. She seemed to like the idea of Benden, even if it was where he was from. He felt her lips on his cheek, and felt heat race to his face, and he could not stop the slight shiver that coursed through him either.

Before he could dwell on that too much, she was speaking again. For the smallest of moments, a confused look came across the blue rider's face. They weren't going anywhere? The next thing he knew, her lips were upon his in a searing kiss, and he allowed himself to be pulled towards her. His arms were just about ready to wrap around her and pull her even closer when she moved pulled away. A small moan of disappointment escaped him as she pulled away and began to say she needed to get into something nicer if they were going to go out. A nod was given before her lips were on his again and he barely had time to kiss her back before she was retreating from him. Blue eyes followed her every move, trying to calm the desire and want that Isolde had stirred up with those kisses.

For a moment, the flowers were foggotten, even though the man heard what she said about them. He watched her as she backed away from him, loving how she teased him, but also hating it at the same time. In the few moments she was in the closet searching for her clothes, he did as she asked, and put the flowers in the water.

A thoughtful look came upon the blue rider's face as he heard her question, but then all thoughts he was pondering about it went out the window when she started taking her clothes off right in front of him. Granted, this was not the first time he had seen her naked, and he knew it would most certainly not be the last. It still kept his mind from fully working for a few moments. He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. He reached out to Synsith, who didn't seem to have a problem with it. "If Reshi really wants to go, Synsith said that he doesn't see why he couldn't take all three of us." It's not like it was a long distance. Synsith said he could do it, and K'uavaen believed him, even if he was a little hesitant to do it.

The blue rider could not help but stare at her a moment as she said that they could stay here, and oh that sounded tempting. He smiled a bit at her, "Don't tempt me Isolde...I'm liable to say yes to staying here.." Of course he was only teasing back, he wanted to go on this date, she was just making it, a bit more difficult for him. His eyes stayed glued to her, even though he tried to pull them away. She looked great in anything, but he had to admit, he loved that black dress on her. This night was going to end with them in the bedroom again, he had no doubt about that. She was already pushing his buttons, teasing him, tempting him. He had yet to even start pushing hers, although, he still wasn't even quiet sure what hers were. She usually instigated things, not him.

As she twirled, and asked him what he thought, his eyes looked at her, knowing she was his, at least for the night, and there was a fire slowing burning in them. No matter what, she could always do that to him. He couldn't help but raise an eyebrow slightly as she teased him about waiting, and poked him in the chest. Blue eyes twinkled with a bit of laughter. "Oh I know, I'm ok with that. Are you sure YOU can wait until the end of the night?" Teasing her back was one of the best parts of this game they played. As she smiled up at him, not a tempting one anymore, but a sincere one, and he smiled softly back at her, "I'm glad you agreed to go.."

After a moment, he placed a gentle kiss on her lips before gently taking her hand, "Are you guys ready?" Once they were, he led them out to where Synsith was waiting and helped both Isolde and Reshi get on before getting on himself. Alright Synsith, change of plans. We're going to Benden..alright The blue huffed a bit in understanding and he turned to Isolde, "Hold on tight.." Then they were in the air, and after a few moments, Synsith went between and then they were over Benden. He looked down at his home and smiled a bit. "Welcome to Benden you two.."
Fawkes
Junior Admin

Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:24 am

She rather enjoyed the way K'uaven looked at her, always that glint of desire in his eyes, that hint that if he could, he would ravish her every second of every day and it gave Isolde the power she was hungry for. She yearned to be desired, and the way the bluerider was watching her as she twirled certainly spoke volumes of how tempted he was to abandon the whole idea and just take her right there. However, the southerner was quite intrigued at the idea of going North with the dragonrider, and when he'd said that Reshi could join them, the woman seemed to flow much easier into the idea.

When K asked if they were ready to go then, Isolde gave one last glance to her workspace, making sure that her project was paused just right that she'd be able to pick up where she left off and seemed to give the slighest nod of approval. Reshelde quickly rose to his feet, padding quietly to his bonded and nosed against her, the fabric of the shawl pooling at her hip until the woman plucked it up and draped it over her shoulders instead. She turned toward K'uavaen and gave a slight nod, though at the last moment, she gave a soft sound as she slipped from his grasp and moved toward her work table. Cradling one the perfect blooms of the wildflower, Isolde plucked the stem just enough to give it leverage, and daintily tucked the bright blue blossum behind her ear. Turning back to K'uavaen wit ha soft smile, she readily slipped her arm through his and moved outside to the Yard where Synsith was waiting for them.

Getting Reshelde into place was a bit trickier than the riders, and in the end they'd opted for Synsith to simply carry the daywher in his claws, strapped once or twice to the same straps that held the riders in place should the dragons' grip slip, but otherwise everyone was content and safe enough for the quick trip between.

Once they emerged, Isolde shook off the chill of the void and hugged the embroided shawl a little closer around her shoulders as she leaned into the warmth of the bluerider before her. Her arms tightened around his waist as they came in for the descent, though her chocolate gaze was glued to their surroundings and the magnificent Hold that had been carved into a whole mountainside. Benden looked almost as old as Walled, carved deep into the landscape and several outcropping buildings of stone fortified the perimeter when they'd needed to expand. As far as she could see though, the rocky face was carved and dotted with ledges and caves, and there seemed to be the constant buzz of activity, the arriving dragonpair giving only a cursory glance from the Watch on duty. The southerner's hands splayed against K'uavaen's chest as awe took over, her first sight of a truly mighty Northern Hold, and for once Isolde was rapt in silence.

It wasn't until they had landed, and K'uavaen dismounted first to help her down that the woman seemed to stir away from the profound sight of the Hold and looked down at the bluerider. "You're from here?" She asked, a hint of disbelief tinting her voice as she lowered herself carefully down the dragons shoulder and slid daintily into the waiting arms of the handsome man. For a moment, she enjoyed their nearness, pressed between Synsith and the rugged man that seemed to make her melt, but the next she felt Reshelde's restlessness to be freed and she smiled softly at K'uavaen instead of kissing him deeply like she wanted to. "Why did you ever leave then? It's so beautiful here.....Cold, but beautiful." The southerner asked, slipping gracefully from his grasp and moved to help her day wher from the straps that held him in place. The shawl slipped from her shoulders, and while she worked to undo the strap on Reshelde, she let the shawl pool around her hips instead. Once the gray hunter was free and padding around on his own four feet, she pulled the shawl tightly around her shoulder once more, especially as a cool winter breeze picked up. She'd heard that the Northern territories could experience snow, but it seemed that today Benden was just a little blustery and chilly.
... you mustn't lose it"

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Image Image

Kate

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:25 pm

The blue rider could not help but watch her as she slipped away from him after saying she was ready to go, wondering if she had changed her mind, just as quickly. He let out a small breath he hadn't known he'd been holding as she just grabbed one of the blue wildflowers and put it in her hair. He had to admit, she did look damn good, and the flower made it seem...complete somehow. Or...well...something along those lines anyway.

It didn't take them long to get ready, although Reishi ended up having to ride in Synsith's claws. They had strapped him down just incase something would happen and Synsith would lose his grip, but honestly, K'uavaen figured they would have been fine either way, but it was certainly better to be safe than sorry, especially when it came to thinks like this.

After they came out from between he could feel Isolde leaning into him, and he smiled, quiet liking the feel of her against him. Those thoughts were quickly pushed away though. That was not what tonight was about. Not yet anyway. He was well aware of how this night would probably end, but for now, he tried to remain in control of himself. As they began their landing, he could feel her arms tighten around his waist, and he let one hand fall to rest of them, giving her hands a quick, reassuring squeeze. As her hands moved to his chest, and splayed out there, he couldn't help but chuckle. He couldn't tell why her hands were like that, but he did think it was kind of funny.

They landed without a hitch, and the blue rider dismounted and quickly turned to help Isolde down. "Well, not from the Hold. I'm actually from the Weyr itself, but...close enough I guess.." A smile came to his face as she slid into his arms, and for a moment, he couldn't help but stare at her, every fiber in his body wanting to kiss her. Before he knew it though, she was slipping away from him to go help the gray daywher who seemed to be quiet restless. Her question made him pause for a moment. "I don't know really. I mean, I Impressed here and everything, but...Synsith and I...we were itching for something different, so we made our way to New Atricis. We still come home from time to time to see old friends and my parents. It's always nice to visit.."

Once the gray was free from the straps, the blue rider could not help but notice that Isolde pulled her shawl around her a bit more. He quickly dug into the bags that were tied to his saddle and dug out one of the extra cloaks he had learned to carry when traveling. He always kept one handy. He moved over to her, gently putting the cloak around her, not saying anything for a moment. Blue eyes looked around at where he had come from, and a small smile played on his lips. "So..I'm thinking dinner first, then maybe I can give you the tour and everything. Sound good to you?"
Fawkes
Junior Admin

Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:48 am

As soon as he was freed, Reshelde quickly shook himself and then padded hurriedly around the dragon and the human, a keen eye and ear scouting the perimeter. His nose sniffed the air, but all the scents were so different, and yet some of the same that the hunter was momentarily on guard and cautious and strutted around with strength and prowess just in case anything was watching. Easy my love, nothing is going to hurt us here. The woman bespoke, sending soothing thoughts to her gray day wher. Although she knew he would stand out in this Northern territory, if anyone was foolish enough to strike against him, they had another thing coming. Those saber like teeth weren't just for show, and to protect his Isolde and his self, he wouldn't hesitate to use them. Besides, they had a dragonrider and his blue along with them and they were simply here to enjoy themselves, not cause any trouble, so Isolde managed to calm the anxious gray and Reshelde padded to a stop close by.

A curious quirk of her brow was given as K'uavaen reached into the packs and pulled out a cloak, though the look faded into a pleasant smile as the chivalrous man draped the garment over her shoulder to stave off the chill. Isolde smiled almost warmly at the bluerider, glancing up at him appreciatively with chocolate eyes, before gazing back to the Hold once more. She basked in the moment of content silence spent as she pulled the cloak a little tighter around her, already beginning to feel warmer. Perhaps it was her southern blood, but she wasn't used to the cold much, and it didn't seem to be bothering K'uavaen much, so she didn't want to complain about it either.

Instead, she took another look at the Hold from the ground instead, thinking about what the bluerider had said, about wanting something different, and couldn't imagine a more truer statement. Where the south was lush with jungles, foliages, animals of all shapes and sizes, the north was stark and barren, gray stone devoid of plant life near the Hold. In it's own way, just as different as they were, it was beautiful to Isolde, the contrast of green and gray, the might and power of the heavy mountain, the majesty of the Hold carved into the rock for thousands of Turns. Is this where their golden ancestors had vanished to? The thought had never occured to her until now, looking upon the sheer wonder at craftsmanship of such work.

She was taken from her reverie by the spoken thoughts of the man beside her, and Isolde took just a quick moment to bring herself back to the present, to take her eyes off the Hold and back to the bluerider. A pleased smile crossed her lips, her steps bringing her just a hair closer to him as she slipped her arm through his and pressed up close against his side. "Sounds wonderful." Isolde replied, for once feeling quite content to let K'uavaen take the lead, curious to see how this date would go and how they got along outside the bedroom, because she already knew their dynamic between the furs was impeccable. A secret grin was given at the thoughts running through her mind of the end of this night, but they were soon moving forward and she focused back on where they were going.

Chocolate eyes couldn't help but be drawn back to the formidable structure of the Hold. "You left here to see something different...and I came here to see something different." The woman mused aloud as a smirk spread over her lips. "I wasn't sure what to expect from a Northern Hold, but it's magnificent." The southerner said, a hint of awe in her tone as her gaze continued to travel up to the highest peak of the stone turrets. "I think I would thoroughly enjoy a tour of it, inside and out." Isolde added, biting softly at her bottom lip in a show of anxious excitement, like the curiosity of a child almost, but she quickly caught herself. "After dinner of course, I'm famished." The dayhandler finished with a smile back to the bluerider, giving his arm a tender squeeze as they carried on and she tried to focus straight ahead instead.

Behind them, Reshelde was quietly following...for as long as he could. As they neared the massive stone building, he knew he wouldn't be allowed to travel the halls as freely as his mistress, but he wasn't going to just abandon her either. The hunter would keep his post, waiting dutifully outside until she returned, and warding off anyone who came too near for his liking. The sleek day wher nosed against his mistress' leg, letting her know he would always be there, but Reshi was confident in knowing she would return to him as soon as she could.
... you mustn't lose it"

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Image Image

Kate

Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:10 pm

An easy smile came to the blue rider's face as Isolde looked at him with those eyes. He was so used to see lust and desire in them, but this time was pleased to see a rather different look. It was obvious she appreciated the extra cloak, and he was glad she did. This date was more than just something physical. He was trying to show her a good time in a different way, and then they could find out if they actually belonged together. The blue rider hoped that this would prove that, but he also knew, if it didn't, they would both be fine. They didn't have any strings attatched yet...so hopefully neither of them would get hurt. That would be the last thing he wanted.

As her arm looped through his, and she pressed closer to him, he couldn't help but smile a bit. Isolde seemed to like the idea of dinner and a tour, so that was what he was going to go with. He fought back the urge to pull her even closer and kiss her. One part of him hated that he kept thinking about that. This wasn't just physical, or at least, he didn't want it to be just that. He wanted to have some kind of emotional connection to her as well. It was then that he found himself wondering, no...hoping actually, that Isolde might actually want the same thing. K'uavaen still was not sure that Isolde would ever want to settle down. She had given him the ok to take her on dates and things like that, but they had never discussed anything besides that.

Her voice broke through his thoughts and he chuckled a bit at her speaking outloud to herself. He nodded slowly. "I guess growing up here, I kind of took it for granted a bit. I do miss it, but, Atricis has began to feel like home, like, a real home. Where I can put down my own roots...maybe even raise my own family one day..." He stopped after that, a small blush creeping onto his face. I was the first date, and here he was talking about raising a family. What was wrong with him? Was he trying to scare her away?

Pushing those thoughts to the back of his mind, he heard her voice saying that she would most certainly enjoy a tour. That made him feel better, although he still wasn't sure what kind of tour he should give her. There were so many things he could show her, and they only had a short amount of time. He heard the next thing she said, and chuckled a bit, raising an eyebrow at her, teasing her. "Are you sure you don't want to skip right to dessert?"

As they headed into the Hold to find a nice restaurant, K studied her for a moment, thinking. He remembered some of the better places to eat, but some had closed, and some new ones had opened. A sign for food and drinks caught his attention, and it looked like a pretty nice resteraunt. He turned to her and said, "I think this one would be a good one to try.." He gently led her in and they had to wait a few moments before being seated.

Once they were seated, K'uavaen passed her a menu. As they were studying it, he looked at her a moment before saying, "Would...you object to spending the night here? I could show you so much more of Benden if you don't mind staying?"
Fawkes
Junior Admin

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:56 am

It was odd being around K'uavaen and trying to keep all thoughts of intimacy out of her mind, for as much as she wanted to kiss him senseless, pull him into dark corner, or even skip right to dessert like he teased, she knew that today was supposed to be about something more than that. It certainly didn't help that anytime she looked upon the bluerider, her mind wandered to the countours of his body she'd memorized and she almost wondered if K was suffering from the same thoughts and restraints. If he was, he was doing a fine job of holding back, and Isolde comforted herself with thoughts of where the night would end, though she'd do her best to stay on good behavior while testing the waters of courtship. So far, he was doing a splendid job wooing her, with the trip North, bringing Reshi along, the extra cloak, the fine dining, certainly not a bad way to spend the day with a handsome man.

She seemed to gloss over his precieved hiccup of mentioning raising a family, he was not the first man to say such a thing and it didn't really seem to bother her that much. Except that she knew, if this were to become a permanent thing, he would just have to settle for Isadella, because there was no way she was ever getting pregnant and going through that horridness again. The mother was only just now beginning to learn to love her daughter, he couldn't ask her to go through again. However, the southerner wouldn't bring it up, she wouldn't ruin this evening for them with something that wont come up until much, much later into this relationship. When, and If, that bridge came, they'd find a way across it, for now she just wanted to skip over that part and instead followed closely against the bluerider as they went in search of a restaurant.

They found a quaint little place, out of the way with an inviting sign over the doorway, and K'uavaen suggested they try it out. Isolde stepped in before him and gave the place a quick look around as she shrugged out of the extra cloak and exposed her slimming black dress again. The lady behind the counter offered to take the cloak and shawl from the southerner, and Isolde gave her a scrutinizing look before relinquishing the garments. Slipping her arm through K's once more as they were led to their table, the woman walked holding herself tall and proud, watching as many different sets of eyes began to turn toward her. It was more than the dress that caught their eye though, for all around her she saw fair skinned and pale people, and her own dark tones seemed to stand out quite pleasantly among them. She was different, exotic, and they all wanted a look and Isolde was only too happy to let them watch her sway across the room.

A teasing smile was given to K'uavaen as they settled down at the table, a brief glance given to the rest of the room and back again to the bluerider, quite pleased that they'd come here now. Her hand moved to settle down against his leg though, silently making it known to anyone else looking that she was here with this man, and no one could sway her and Isolde made herself comfortable then. "Reminds me a little of when we met." The woman said, smiling softly at the handsome man sitting with her, and while the previous time she'd barely been able to keep her hands off him, this time she was far more restrained, doing her best to let this be a true date between them, get to know each other better than they had that first time.

As they settled in with their menus, and Isolde began to peruse through the choices, K'uavaen spoke up again, asking if she wanted to stay the night in Benden. Her brows quirked slightly at the question, having not entirely been prepared to stay over, since she hadn't bothered to bring a change of clothes or anything with her, but perhaps a bit of spontaneity was just what they needed. Although, she couldn't help but tease the bluerider a bit before giving him her answer. "You just want to get me in bed sooner, don't you?" She asked in a soft whisper, her lips curling deviously. "Get out all that sexual tension, so we can better enjoy our time here...I see what you're up to." The woman added with a slight chuckle, her eyes glinting mischeivously. "Maybe I'd like that too." Isolde said, the subtle touch on his leg rubbing up and down for a moment before stopping and settling there once more. "In fact, yes...Why don't we stay the night? Although, I didn't bring a change of clothes, so you'll just have to be careful taking this dress off me later." She couldn't help but tease again, smirking at the handsome man beside her.
... you mustn't lose it"

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Image Image