The First Date [Tag: Fawkes/Isolde]

All the rest of the Northern Continent that Atricis left behind. Atricis' old Holds can be found within, as well as all the other Holds and Weyrs and old lands left behind.
Kate

Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:18 pm

The blue rider could not help but be relieved when Isolde didn't say anything on his rambling about a family. Sure, it was always nice to think about, but this was only the first date, and honestly, K'uavaen didn't even know if Isolde would ever want children anyway. Obviously, that conversation had never come up during their exploits. This is why they were on a date. To get to know each other, and eventually talk about stuff like that, if they decided to give an actual relationship a try. It was then that the thought struck him. What if she really didn't want kids? Would that cause problems between them, to the point where a relationship wouldn't work? No, he refused to believe that, and quickly pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind. There was no way that they wouldn't be together if this worked out just because of children. They would, work it out somehow, especially if they both wanted this.

Blue eyes looked around as everyone seemed to be looking at Isolde. He knew he shouldn't be jealous, they weren't actually, "together" yet, but he couldn't help it. Part of him WAS jealous, the other part was prideful that he had managed to get a date with such a good looking young woman. He could feel her arm in his, and that honestly gave him a small bit of comfort. Let them look, let them realize how lucky K'uavaen really was. He felt lucky, every day, and especially today since Isolde had actually agreed to go on a date with him.

As they settled into their table, he felt her hand on his leg, and for a moment, the fire inside him flared up again, but he quickly controlled it. They each had to keep control of themselves, at least for a little while longer, until tonight. A chuckle escaped him as he heard her voice and thought about that first day. Neither of them had been able to keep their hands off each other, and that had been the beginning of their physical relationship. It was certainly not a bad memory for him, and she seemed to remember it fondly as well.

Blue eyes glalnced at the menu once again while he waited for her answer. He honestly didn't expect what he heard. He felt her hand moving on his leg, and took a bit of a sharp breath, trying to remain in control and clam. He laughed, "Well, that wasn't exactly my intention, but I guess it could work out like that as well.." Another chuckle came forth. "Well, I will be careful with the dress, I promise, but I could always go buy you some new clothes, anything you like..."

The server came back, and K'uavaen ordered an ale, and some kind of headbeast stew. After Isolde ordered, he thought a moment. Should he try and talk to her about things like that? That's what you did on a date right? He finally said, "So, now you know where I'm from. What about you? Where did you come to New Atricis from?"
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:14 pm

Chocolate eyes glanced up from the menu to gaze once more around the small dining room, and the few pales faces that seemed to be looking back at her. Isolde had always known she was beautiful, yet today it was something more than that, it was her heritage, her exotic look that drew their eyes as well as her beauty. Of course word had likely spread to the North about the people and culture discovered in the South when Atricis had migrated, but she doubted any of these people really expected to see a southerner walking on their lands. Not all the eyes on her were admiring her, and instead she could feel a few unfriendly glances tossed her way, so she seemed to hold herself a little straighter, hold her head with pride among these strangers. A southern woman would never back down to the infidels that wanted to challenge her or her people, yet she knew that she was here as a guest and didn't want to create too many ripples, so Isolde kept mostly to herself and K'uavaen. The dayhandler could feel the gray wher watching over her too, protecting her even from afar, and she knew that no harm could befall her so long as Reshi was close by.

The woman felt the blueriders' leg tense under her rubbing hand, knew that he was likely having to fight against those insatiable desires that she too was feeling, the need to caress more of K'uavaen. Alas, she refrained from letting her hand wander higher and instead it stilled on just behind his knee and rested on his thigh. Perhaps it would be better if they found a room sooner, rather than later, for being this close to the dragonrider without letting herself kiss him was beginning to drive her crazy, but Isolde liked to think she had a better will power than that. Chuckling softly at his response of his intentions, the lady in black was sure that she'd just planted the same thought in his own head then and chocolate eyes flashed longingly at the dragonrider before dipping back to the menu as he continued. Offering to buy her a new set of clothes if they stayed, hmm, did K know how picky she could be about clothes? She was a tailor afterall, and her tastes in finery were not cheap, but he had said anything she wanted...

Dragonriders were not rich men though, and Isolde found that she didn't want to take advantage of his good nature like that. She knew his offer was genuine and if given, he very well might spend every last mark he had on something nice for her, yet, she couldn't bring herself to be that cruel or selfish with K'uavaen. Perhaps if it had been one of these men that stared hungrily at her, Isolde wouldn't hesitate to take them for every mark in their name, but not K'uavaen. If she accepted his offer to buy her a new dress, the tailor knew she would stay within reason, find something suitable and relatively inexpensive, so she did not put out the bluerider any more than she had to. It was a feeling that rather confused her though, and the woman wasn't entirely sure why she felt that way, she just knew that she did.

Thankfully the arrival of the serving girl was a much needed distraction from strange thoughts, and was the bluerider ordered his ale and stew, Isolde finalized her own preferences of an entree of whitefish served on a bed of grains with seasonal vegetables. Pausing a moment, she asked the girl what wine she'd recommend, since the southerner had heard much about this famous Benden wine and wanted to try a glass for herself. The server suggested pairing the fish with one of their white vintages, and Isolde gave an approving nod before closing her menu and handing to back to the girl. Their order given, the woman in the slim black dress with lace sleeves turned back to face the ruggedly handsome date she'd come here with, a cursory smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

At his question, she couldn't help the soft chuckle that escaped her and her hand gave a comforting pat against his leg. "Where do you think I'm from?" She asked, chocolate eyes glittering a with a hint of impishness, for she thought it was quite obvious where she hailed from. However, one often forgets the fishing village when you grew up nestled in the bosom of Walled, so perhaps K'uavaen truly didn't know what part of the south she called home. The sudden thought of telling him the truth of where she's from and why she came to Atricis was a daunting one and the little flicker of mirth left her eyes as it felt like a rock hand landed into the pit of her stomach. Couldn't she just lie to him? Tell him that her family had died long ago, or were proud of her for choosing to live a new life? No...that was not the point of this day. If K'uavaen was truly willing to put in this effort to hold onto her, perhaps she should give him the courtesy of knowing what kind of person he was trying to cling to. She didn't have to dive right in though, and wouldn't bear anything more than what he asked for though, that way maybe she needn't say anything too damning.

"I was raised in Walled actually." Isolde started, doing her best to bring back that smile and twinkle in dark brown eyes. Leaning in a little closer to the bluerider, her hand gave his leg a gentle squeeze as well trying to distract his mind from digging too far, even if she wasn't planning to hide anything anymore. "As expected, I was raised in my mothers' footsteps and became a tailor...who eventually moved to Atricis." The woman in the black dress said, hoping that divulging just a little would be enough to placate his curiosity and she wouldn't have to say more. "And now, here...with you." She added in a softer whisper, leaning in just a hairsbreadth closer, this time she didn't stop herself from kissing him, a peck that lasted a second or two, and just enough that she hoped would serve to further distract him.
"You are only given one little spark of madness,
... you mustn't lose it"

ImageImageImage
The Lady . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Vixen . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Knight

ImageImageImage
The Matron . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Joker . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Princess

Image Image
The Mariner . ~ * ~ . The Spirit

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #B72334/#C3C3D0 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Kate

Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:06 pm

The blue rider raised an eyebrow at Isolde's impish look and her question. A chuckle escaped him and he just shook his head playfully. "Well, if you must know, it's pretty obvious that you are from the South. Then again, that's just being vague like saying that I'm from the North. Though, I think you already knew that.. " Of course there was a teasing tone in his voice. While he wanted to know more about Isolde, he wasn't going to push her too hard. K'uavaen felt that if he pushed her, she would either just push back, or shut down. Neither of those sounded like a great thing, so he decided to play the game. He liked playing games with Isolde. He had honestly figured they would start their games sooner rather than later, although he had hoped to at least make it through dinner and some talking before that actually happened. He didn't mind though. The blue rider had confidence that even though they were going to use teasing tones with each other, they would be able to keep their hands to themselves long enough to finish dinner and talk a bit more.

Blue eyes once again took in everything, and he tried to ignore some of the stares. He knew Isolde was beautiful, although, from a quick glance, he could tell not all of the stares were because of that. Some seemed, irritated, or something, but the bluerider did not pay any mind to it. Let them stare. It didn't mean anything. Besides, Isolde didn't seem to be paying them any attention either, and K'uavaen knew that she could take care of herself if someone said something. He, of course, would defend her as well, but only if she wanted him to. She was a strong, independent woman, and he didn't want to step on her toes.

K'uavaen picked his glass up, taking a sip and then set it down as Isolde once again began to speak. Honestly, he had really not expected Isolde to tell him anything. Not on the first date anyway. So he was pleasantly surprised when she told him a little bit about herself. He knew it wasn't much, but he felt as though it was a big step towards being in a relationship. Well, if that's where this ended up anyway. He was certainly hoping it did, but he wasn't going to push Isolde into anything. Before he could respond, her lips were on his in a quick kiss. He couldn't even return the kiss before she pulled away from him. For a moment, all he could do was stare at her, wanting to feel her lips against his again.

Finally, he got himself to calm down and looked at her. "Walled huh? No wonder you didn't want to go there. It probably would have been boring for you since you know the place. And your mom must be proud that you took after her and became a tailor." He took another sip of his drink before saying, "Do you still keep in contact with your mother since you came here?" Then he leaned in a little closer, teasing her a bit. "What do you think she would say about you dating me?
Fawkes
Junior Admin

Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:04 pm

The serving girl had returned and dropped off their drinks as she spoke, but the southerner paid scant attention to her, instead focusing on K'uavaen and how much to reveal to the bluerider. The kiss served as a pleasant distraction for them both as well, and yet when she pulled away, the woman suddenly craved more from his lips. To distract herself, she took up the wineglass instead, feeling it's refreshing chill against her fingers and tipped it back for a sip to wet her lips with wine rather than kisses.

Listening keenly to his words and questions, Isolde was suddenly wishing she could read his thoughts like she could Reshis' because then at least she could prepare for whatever he might ask for. Unfortunately, she didn't have that luxury when it came to the bluerider, and his questions about her mother seemed to give her a moment of pause, not quite expecting them and quickly trying to think of suitable answers for him. Buying herself another moment, she grinned teasingly at K'uavaen for his question about dating him, playing along with his flirting even while her mind was racing a dragonlength a second. Taking another sip of the wine spared her another few precious seconds, but as she lowered the glass, the woman knew he expected an answer.

"Proud was one way of describing her." Isolde started, smiling softly over the rim of her glass as chocolate eyes fluttered back to gaze at the ruggedly handsome man. "Tailoring is in my blood, I wouldn't have had it any other way either." The journeywoman added, more proud of her craft than she was of the woman who enstilled it in her. "Unfortunately, no, we don't talk much anymore..." The woman added, down casting her eyes slightly and swirling the wine in her glass, but before she could give away too much of how long it had actually been, she seemed to perk up again and flashed a coy grin at the bluerider. "As for dating you..." The woman in black started, leaning in even closer to K'uavaen, dark locks slipping free and falling down one side of her face. "She'd tell me to watch out for those dragonriders, they'll only fly away." Isolde finished with the hint of a chuckle, actually remembering her mother using those very words when lecturing her about her dalliances with C'tir. "You wouldn't fly away from me, would you K'uavaen?" The woman whispered softly, her body slowly inching closer to his, as if begging and inviting him to grasp her and pull her closer, but teasing and holding back from the bluerider should he try.

The moment of taunting passed though as the grayhandler pulled away with a coy grin on her lips and leaned back to take another sip from her wine glass, her chocolated gaze watching the bluerider over the rim. Taking a moment to savor the flavor this time of the wine, she tasted the crisp tart hit her tongue first, and then the sweetness of the fruit settle in and the swallow warmed her throat all the way down. Benden surely did know their wines. "What about your parents?" Isolde quipped back at the dragonrider, turning the tables momentarily on him. "What would they say about you dating me?" The woman in the slim black dress asked with a sultry curl of her lips, interested to hear what he had to say.
... you mustn't lose it"

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Image Image

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #B72334/#C3C3D0 | #181D68
Kate

Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:59 am

K'uavaen could not help but smile back at her as she grinned teasingly back at him. It was just how things worked, and they liked teasing each other, even if it wasn't sexually. The rider did have to admit though, Isolde was just a bit better at teasing him, then he was at teasing her. Sure he could get her to smile like that, but that was about it. It seemed like he could never tempt her, never get under her skin, the way she did to him. She had stolen a kiss from him, and he couldn't tempt her to do it again it seemed like. Then again, he argued with himself that it might be for the best. If they weren't kissing, and touching each other, then they just might make it through this and wait until they could get a room to stay the night.

All those thoughts were pushed aside as Isolde answered his questions. His blue eyes watched her carefully, and he saw her look away a moment when talking about how she hadn't been in contact with her mother. He desperately wanted to know how long it had been, and the reason why, but, he found himself debating if it was a good time to ask. Maybe on a future date he would ask her? He decided to worry about that later. Right now, he would listen to what she had to say, and get more details at another point in time. He chuckled a bit at what her mother would say, and then a frown quickly replaced the smile at Isolde's question. For some reason, that question got to him, even with her trying to tease him some more. After a moment he finally said, "The only time I'd fly away, Is if you asked me too. If you didn't, then I would make sure you were with me when I flew away.." For a moment, he wanted to take the words back for being so bluntly honest. What if Isolde didn't like that? What if she thought this was too serious, and backed out? Oh well, what was done was done, and he'd just have to see how it played out.

The blue rider was not expecting her question, but smiled a bit. "Well, my parents were always the more supportive type, when they were around. They were both riders, so I was pretty much raised in the crèche, although I did get to see them when they were home. When they were around, they taught me what it meant to be a rider, and I picked up some healing skills from my mother. When I chose to leave, they understood, and we still keep in contact. Synsith and I visit home whenever we can, even if it isn't as often as we would like to.." He took a sip of his ale during his pause and then continued, "As for dating you, they would almost certainly want to meet you. Acctually, they would demand it. I promise they wouldn't be judgemental or anything though. They would just be happy to meet you. They would be happy that I'm happy and that would be all there was to it.."

Another sip of ale was taken and K'uavaen decided to risk it and asked, "So, you and your mother don't speak much anymore? Just too busy to go home for a visit? Or is there another reason?" He didn't really want to pry, but he felt these things were good to know if they decided to be with each other. He would be honest with her, and he hoped, no, he knew, she would do the same for him.
Fawkes
Junior Admin

Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:14 am

When she'd asked the bluerider if he'd fly away, she wasn't truly expecting a real answer since she'd only been trying to tease and taunt him as per usual. However, K'uavaen rather serious and honest answer actually gave the woman a moment of pause. Did he mean it then? That he truly wanted to invest himself that much into her? That he thought of her so highly that he truly wouldn't flee, even when given the chance. Of course, men before had said similar things, but she knew they only wanted her for her beauty, yet she knew that K wanted more than something physical from her, or they wouldn't be here now. Did he truly mean that he never planned to leave her, should she give him that opportunity to stand at her side then? A slim brow quirked slightly at his reponse, the only reaction to the sudden inner workings of her mind and heart trying their best to find a common ground.

His answer about his parents gave her a much needed reprieve, as it seemed the dragonrider was only too happy to regal her about his own parents, unlike her own short answers. Taking another sip of her wine, Isolde listened with a curious ear, confirming what she already suspected about the man, and smiling softly to the bluerider. It sounded like he'd lived a normal, happy life, with parents that didn't try to force their life choices onto their children, and that even now he still admired his mother, spoke to her on occasion and was a good son. As he continued on about her, Isolde gave just the slightest wry smile at the rim of her glass before another sip when he said they'd want to meet her. Of course they would, like normal parents they'd want to be involved, especially when that someone is foreign and exotic and beautiful. That smirk threatened to widen, but at the last moment it faltered and chocolate eyes gave the briefest flutter at the bluerider before looking into her glass of wine instead.

He was happy? ... Happy with...her? But what had she given onto him to be happy about? Besides the sex, which was certainly enough to be happy about, but she knew what he meant ran deeper than just the sex. She hadn't done anything to deserve some one elses' happiness though...Had she? Brown eyes took a chance to glance up at the bluerider, studying him for just a moment before looking away again. Was it enough for K'uavaen to just share her company, or share her furs from time to time? ....Obviously not, or else he wouldn't want to court her. But what had she done for him that made him content already? What if he already had deeper feelings for her? Suddenly, she felt guilty for not being to return them quite as readily, and a subtle weight fell on her shoulders to make sure this date went well, for she did not want to hurt his feelings if things didn't work out. Knowing that he was already happy just sharing this time with her, made Isolde realize so much more about what this night was supposed to mean.

The questions about her mother, weren't recognized for some time, as the southerner sat quietly contemplating what she'd just found out. Teeth toyed with her bottom lip before she absently took a drink from the glass again. Knowing some of how K'uavaen felt, had her looking inside herself as well, to find out if there was anything she was hiding from herself. It was true she enjoyed her time with the bluerider, from the bedroom to even the little bit of courting so far, but could she find the same happiness that had once stolen her senses? She thought she'd learned her lesson with Cassian, tried to close herself off once more, but here was another man, a kind and caring one, who was happy enough with her already that he boasted that his parents would be just as happy for him. Could she say the same? Obviously not her parents, but Merilyn? Or Lirad? ...or even introduce him to Isadella? Could she make K'uavaen just as much a part of her life as they were and be happy?

"I'm sorry...I drifted off for a moment there..." The woman said as she realized she'd just been staring off and quiet a moment, and she didn't want him to think it was because of his line of questioning. Isolde had already told herself to be honest with the bluerider about her past, but now she felt like she had even more of a reason to be. She actually....rather liked the idea that K'uavaen was happy with her already...and she didn't want to lose that so easily. All the same though, her past could be something of a deal breaker, so she had to be careful how she went about it, or she might break that fragile hold they had on each other. "My mother and I?" The southerner asked, recounting the question, and swirling her glass as though she couldn't quite bring herself to look at the dragonrider just yet. "We don't speak much...because she doesn't know..." Isolde started quietly, gathering the courage to be honest. "...she doesn't know I'm in Atricis." She stated, wincing slightly at the pang in her own chest and silently hoping that K'uavaen wasn't going to dig much deeper, but how could he not?
... you mustn't lose it"

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Image Image

Kate

Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:38 am

A frown marred K'uavaen's handsome features as he watched Isolde when he told her he wouldn't fly away. He had meant every word of it, but part of him wanted to take it back. He should have been keeping the tone of the date light and teasing, but no, he had to go and get all serious. She seemed almost at a loss for words, and honestly, that made him a bit uncomfortable. He didn't want to spring to much on her, and overwhelm her. He did want her to know, though, that if they ended up in a relationship, he was not going to just leave her. Ok, maybe he'd leave for a day or two at a time on Searching trips, but, he would never abandon her. That was just the type of guy he was. He liked her, and he hated to admit it, but he found himself hoping she liked him as well.

A sip of his drink was taken while he tried to distract himself from the fact that she had still not answered him. After telling her about his family, he had been thinking she might have something to say, but yet again, just silence for the moment. It made him a little nervous, but he honestly did not want to pressure Isolde. If she wanted to think about something, he would let her. This night was all about just getting to know each other and everything like that. It was supposed to be stress free, and although it seemed like there was a little bit of stress, the blue rider was determined to not add to it.

Finally she spoke once again, and he gave her a small smile. "It's alright..." What else was he supposed to say? Besides, he wanted her to be able to think about this. He wasn't going to force this on her. If they only had this one date, and one talk, then so be it. When she answered his question, he couldn't help but frown just a bit. Her mother didn't know she was in Atricis? How could that be? He quickly pushed that thought away. It didn't matter. Maybe they didn't have a good relationship, like the bluerider and his own parents did.

For a moment, he thought of something to say. Isolde was telling him this, and he appreciated her honesty, but how far could he keep pushing. Did he want to keep pushing? That was the question. He didn't want to ruin this before it even had a chance to start. "Something must have happened..whatever it is, I'm sorry it had to happen...to you....and your family.." He gently took her hand and just held it. "If you want to tell me what happened, you can, I'll listen. if not, you don't have to. It's up to you.." His eyes searched hers a moment, wondering what she would do with the decision given to her to make.
Fawkes
Junior Admin

Sun May 01, 2016 2:41 am

Perhaps being silent for so long hadn't been the wisest of choices, the subtle shift in his seat and the worry in the blueriders' eyes more than enough to tell Isolde that she'd made him slightly nervous while her mind had run a dragonlength a second. Her hand returned to his leg, giving it a gentle squeeze as the barest of genuine smiles tugged at her lips, for she was not upset with K'uavaen in the slightest and wanted him to know that. He said he was alright with her moment of silence, but he was being polite and she knew that, but it was kind to hear none-the-less.

What she was really worried about now was her slight admission about her mother being unaware of her whereabouts. Part of the woman felt small and frightened, knowing that she'd promised herself to tell the truth for once in her life and wishing that K'uavaen wouldn't ask that of her, but it was inevitable now, she knew where this conversation was leading to. She was however, a bit surprised to hear that he was sorry for her, for whatever might have happened between her and her family, and as her hand was grasped by his, there was no resistance. Chocolate eyes fluttered up to his own blue ones, and saw a tenderness behind those eyes while he continued on to say that she could tell him anything and he'd listen. Something inside her chest both clenched and swelled at the same time, a fluttering nervous feeling that also felt like a sigh of relief. Isolde, didn't know what to make of it and she lingered a moment, dark eyes gazing back at him with her inner turmoil and though lips parted slightly, no sound came out.

The next moment, the scent of their dinner wafted in front of their faces as the serving girl returned with the two plates, unaware of the interruption and cheerfully smiled at them before setting the bowl of stew in front of the bluerider, and the plate of fish before the woman. "Anything else I can get you two?" She asked, standing up again and glancing between the two, only just now realizing perhaps she'd come at the wrong time.

Isolde spoke up though, her hand slipping from K'uavaens' and she picked up her almost empty glass of wine. "I think we'll need another round of drinks." She said, lifting the glass to her lips to finish it off and handing the empty to the serving girl. If she was going to tell the bluerider the honest truth, she was going to need a little more liquid courage.

The server took the glass, smiling softly at the exotic woman before glancing at the dragonrider and making sure he had everything he needed before slipping off to fetch them those needed drinks.

Another moment or two passed between the pair at the table, Isolde lifting her fork, but not even touching her food yet and instead seemed to wrap herself in silence once more. If he truly wanted to be with her, never to fly away without reason, to introduce her to his parents and display his happiness, he needed to know the sort of woman that he was getting in bed with, the real Isolde. It was hard for her though, letting go of that mask, allowing someone under the shroud of cynicism and seduction that never lets anyone get too close, so it was one step at a time and she hoped K'uavaen was patient enough with her and endured these moments of thought she needed before she could start.

"You shouldn't be sorry for me..." The woman in black said softly, setting down her fork as dark eyes fluttered everywhere but meeting his own gaze. It was hard enough, she didn't need to see his reactions so clearly on that handsome face. "It's my fault what happened...not theirs." Isolde continued, each new phrase heavy on her lips, but there was the softest note of determination in her voice. "I'm the one who ran away...left them all behind. My parents, my sister, my home." She had to pause, licking at her lips as if her mouth had suddenly become dry, her fingers curling and uncurling nervously. "I didn't leave alone though...Merilyn ran away with me...and my brother, Lirad. They were slaves...my friends, I couldn't leave them behind." Isolde said, the last part added a bit hastily, emotions perhaps getting the best of her in that moment.

The serving girl came back and set the two drinks before them, looked a little curious they hadn't really touched their food, but left them alone without a word. The southerner reached for her wine again, wetting her throat with another sip, the chill of the wine soothing and the courage warming her throat on the way down. Knowing that she'd likely just raised many more questions in the blueriders' mind with those weighted words, she thought it best to let him lead the way now that she'd pulled the veil away, because honestly she didn't know where to go from here, what else to tell him because there was so much. So, she fell silent again, but this time, dark eyes finally found his gaze, a caution in the action as if she might see something there that would hurt.
... you mustn't lose it"

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Image Image

Kate

Sun May 01, 2016 9:58 pm

The bluerider felt her hand on his leg again, giving it a gentle, reassuring squeeze. For some reason, it actually did calm K'uavaen down just a bit. Let him know that he hadn't ruined anything...yet anyway. He groaned inwardly. Why was he thinking like that? Why was he thinking that he was going to end up blowing this or something? He needed to think positive, get his mind off of that. She wasn't mad at him, nothing was wrong. Granted, he didn't think this conversation would have taken slightly darker turn like this. Although, it honestly wasn't THAT dark. K'uavaen knew that there were people who had trouble with their families. Just because he didn't, didn't mean it never happened.

Blue eyes locked with her brown ones as he once again seemed to render her just a bit speechless...or something like that anyway. DId she expect him to try and force her to talk about it? Had some man done that to her in the past? Thses thoughts flew threw his mind, but he quickly pushed them away. Maybe no one had ever given her the option. The blue rider wanted her to trust him, and he wanted to trust her. That was what a relationship was, right? He gave her hand another squeeze, almost as a promise of what he was saying was never going to change. He knew sometimes people needed to keep some stuff to themselves. If this was one of those things, and she didn't feel like telling him now, so be it.

Before either of them could speak again, the server came back with their dinner. The bluerider had to admit, it did smell delicious, and he gave the girl a small smile of thanks. As she asked if there was anything else she could get them, and Isolde spoke up, K'uavaen just nodded in agreement. "Yes, another drink would be great...thank you.."

As the server walked away to get their drinks, blue eyes once again fell on Isolde as she seemed to be in thinking again once more, not even touching her food. K'uavaen let her think, picking up his spoon and trying a few bites of the stew. It was very good, and he ate a few more bites, still giving Isolde her time to think. He had just taken another bite of his food when she began to speak. Blue eyes studied her. "Well, you must have had a good reason.."

As she continued on, he listened to her, his eyes showing his surprise to find out that she had a brother, nad had brought someone else to New Atricis as well. After she finished speaking, he let his mind process everything. Slaves? He knew Walled had slaves, but for her own brother to be one? He set his fork down as the server girl came back with the drinks. After she had dropped the drinks off and left, he picked his up, taking a long sip. "Your brother was a slave? How..how does that happen?" He knew he might be being a bit to blunt, and he was glad Isolde had gotten him out of there, he just didn't understand how it had happened.
Fawkes
Junior Admin

Fri May 06, 2016 2:00 am

She had expected a slew of questions, ones that would dig deeper into her past, reveal all of her secrets about how she was raised in the prime life and ran away like a spoiled child. Yes, if she could look at it from another persons' point of view, she would admit that her actions, running away because her mother had other plans for her life, was a rotten, childish thing to do. At the same time though, it had been her choice, and she knew she'd never get to lead the life she wanted under her mothers' roof and refused to marry out from under it either, so she had very little options.

However, instead of delving into the Whys of her choice, the Hows of what happened between her mother and her, he asked about her brother and something that seemed so irrelevant at the time to her. A dark brow furrowed slightly at the blueriders' question, confused and surprised by it for a moment before she quickly gathered herself again. There was a forgiveness in her eyes, he was northerner, he wouldn't understand why it had seemed like a small thing to her, despite how it may have sounded to him. "My brother was a slave, because he didn't test well in any of the crafts." Isolde said, almost nonchalantly, despite how heavy her shoulders still felt when opening herself to speak so freely with K'uavaen. "Southern youth get tested at the age of 12, and you join the craft you scored the most in...If you don't score well enough in anything, you become useless to society as nothing other than a servant...and in Lirads' case, it was hoped the talent had just skipped a generation and his children would still be valued, so he was marriage stock for my mothers' whims..." She had started off cordially enough, as if trying to simply explain a piece of her culture, but as she spoke about her brother, she began to feel the emotions well in her throat and strain her voice a little before she stopped and swallowed them back down.

It helped that those words were swallowed with a sip of wine as well, steeling herself to continue on calmly, and setting the glass down gently nearby, finally glancing down at the meal before her. Isolde wasn't sure if she should just keep going, what all she wanted to tell K'uavaen, needed him to hear if he planned to continue this fruitless endeavor, so once again, she fell silent as if waiting for him to guide this conversation. Instead, she tentatively plucked at her food, pulling off a small bite of the fish with a little bit of rice and daintily taking a bite. She knew it tasted wonderful, the hint of lemons and herbs, but there was a faded feeling that numbed her senses now. Isolde felt bitter about talking about her mother, her past, but she wanted to show K'uavaen what he was getting himself into if he wanted to continue down this path. The mask was slowly being removed, and part of her was hoping it would scare him off, while the other half of her wished he would stay.
... you mustn't lose it"

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Image Image