Shake 'Til The Walls Come Crashing Down ~ { Tag } Parker/Fox

All the rest of the Northern Continent that Atricis left behind. Atricis' old Holds can be found within, as well as all the other Holds and Weyrs and old lands left behind.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:24 am

For the past three days, J'on had been keeping to himself. There was the one Threadfall he couldn't avoid, and then there was practice of course. Meals were hit or miss as far as whether or not he could slip in and out of the dining hall before being noticed by someone in the Wing. Outside of those three, he found ways to avoid socializing with as many people as possible in general. He knew why, he was certain most of the people in his circle knew why as well, but if he were honest with them he would tell them that he didn't much care what they thought of his behavior. Things were difficult right now, what with the situation with Fox, and he didn't want to give the bronzerider the satisfaction of knowing he was winning their battle of wills. Until he got a better grip on himself, J'on didn't want anyone to see just how sorry a state things were in with himself.

You could just give in. We both know you want to. I know how you feel that fire in your belly at night. It wakes me up, J'on. It keeps you up...

He knew that, he was painfully aware of that fact. More than once he'd woken up, more than once he'd flipped and flopped because every time he closed his eyes, there was Fox. He tried drinking the first time it had happened, and it had worked for a little while until he'd passed out from too much of the sauce. Then he'd woken up sick with no one to take care of him and the pictures from that night still floating in his head. It had taken his old tricks, and some time in the smithy, before he finally felt some strength and starch in his bones again, and even then he knew it was all tentative. At any moment it could all break and he'd have to start over again.

He knew that moment was upon him, the possibility at least, when Des spoke to him in a voice that shook no room for quarter. You need to get us both ready for a trip to the North. Iktomith's rider says he'll explain in Weyr Yard. A few of us are going for a lovely time away. We've been included.

Let me guess... Mnenomth's rider is as well?

Why wouldn't he be? I told Mnenomth that we would give his rider a lift there and back. Now hurry up. Wear something nice.

Knowing he didn't have the options, that he would be looked for or worse, he decided to just go with it. He didn't need to become too involved, really, and he could just drink the night away in a corner if he wanted. He cleaned up as best he could, considering how small his apartment was, and dressed in something nice - a green and black tunic with spots of white upon it, close fitting trousers, black boots, his shoulder knots of course - and presented himself to his dragon before setting her gear upon her. "Do I meet the mistress' approval?" She sniffed him, nosed him a little, and a moment later crooned. "I'm glad I pass muster. Now let's get you going before we head on down." It didn't take him long to set her up with gear for a double passenger - fuck, this was going to be one difficult ride - and after slipping on his flight jacket he settled on her back for the short dip down to the Yard.

It was only in his peripheral that he was away that Fox was there in the little group, and he tried his best not to look, as much as he wanted to, knowing all too well that they would be in close quarters soon enough. K'rios went on to explain what was going on with his usual smile in place. "A vintner friend of mine just opened up a little tavern up near Benden Weyr, and invited me to bring along a few friends to enjoy one of the grand openings he's putting on - this one geared mostly towards riders of the Benden variety. But, he's making an exception for us tonight. He has connections enough to have some pretty good brews flowing, along with some decent food, so I figured I'd invite some of my Wingmates along. He'll be passing out samples to take home with us tonight, but if you end up wanting to buy something, it might be a good idea to go get some marks to take with you if you don't have some on you already. Any questions?" He waited a beat, clapped his hands together, and grinned. "Alright, let's get ready and get moving."

And with that, there was J'on's last barrier down. He turned, not at all ready to face Fox - or feel him during their trip.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Parker
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:33 am

It had been two months since their double date with Ao'mek and K'rios. The evening had been more than fun...until he had walked J'on home. Then heartbreak happened. Fox had meant what he said that night, though, he was going to fight to win J'on over. He had to hand it to J'on though...the man really wasn't making it easy. He was determined though and wasn't going to give up. However, it was hard to woo a person when they avoided him like the plague. That didn't deter Fox, though. For now he tried just little things. Small gestures and words that he hoped were wearing J'on down. He was about ready to pull out some bigger moves since the opalrider was being more than stubborn about this.

When K'rios got a hold of him to invite him to Benden, he was more than willing to go and made sure that the man invited J'on. While he was sad that his bronze had gotten hurt during the last fall, this gave him the perfect excuse to ride with J'on. Fox made sure to fancy himself up very nice. He slicked his hair back, put on some cologne, and donned one of his better outfits. Form fitting black pants, a white button down tunic, and a red suede vest was his outfit. He made sure to keep the top three buttons open to give J'on something to look at. Once he was ready he went to give Mnenomth some love before he joined the small group leaving for Benden.

Fox was speaking with one of their wingmates, but as soon as J'on joined them he stopped mid-sentence to look at him. The woman he was talking to couldn't help but chuckle and shake her head. The whole wing was pretty much rooting for them and some of them, Ao'mek and K'rios, was more than happy to try and help where they could. Fox excused himself and went over to J'on.

"There's my shortstack. You look great. You ready to have some fun?" He asked, a wide grin on his face. "Tell Des I say thank you for giving me a lift. Mnenomth doesn't like being grounded, but it could have been a lot worse."
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander |

.::..::..::..::..::..
Ember

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:04 am

The love ballads all spoke of going weak in the knees, the ones the harpers had been spouting on and on about lately at least did. Now J'on knew what it was like to feel that way, for the moment he saw Fox look the way he was... he was just glad he had his opal's strength to keep him on his feet or he would have landed on his face at Fox's when the other man approached him. As it was, he was about two seconds away from reaching out and taking hold of him just to prevent himself from shaking, but then that would mean giving in, and that was enough to keep him steady, and that was enough to keep him standing.

You seem disappointed by that.

Far from it. I'm relieved, actually.

Sure, J'on. Keep telling yourself that.

He swallowed, and found it difficult to be around Fox already. This was a mistake, coming down here had been a mistake, he knew that now. He'd known it when Des had summoned him to get dressed and ready. But he'd done it, and now he had to live with his decision. "Y-Yeah, I'm ready to have some fun." He tried to resist telling the man he looked good, because he probably knew that he did, in all sorts of ways, and he was glad that his tongue held for now.

Tell him I say that he's welcome. She said it while looking at the bronzerider, as though he'd be able to hear her thoughts though it was clear he wouldn't. And also that while Mnenomth heals, he can receive a lift from us whenever he needs one. She paused. You tell him or I will, J'on. And remember, dragons don't lie.

He let out a slow breath, one that he was certain shook, and looked up at Fox. That was a mistake. His eyes scanned over the man's face and his breath and voice caught in his throat. He squeaked before he managed to find his words. "Des wants you to know that you're welcome, and that... should you need a ride anywhere while Mnenomth heals, we'll give you one."

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:46 am

Fox made sure that he never crowded J'on too much or make him feel trapped, but he couldn't resist standing as close to the opalrider as was appropriate. Okay...maybe it was a little too close to be appropriate. He remembered how he felt in his arms the night they had danced. He wanted to feel that again. He wanted to feel that again so badly it hurt almost. Just looking at the handsome man and knowing he wasn't his hurt. Soon, he told himself, soon he would win J'on over.

He turned to Des and gave her a polite bow. "You are far too kind, dear lady. I will remember the offer. Mnenomth should only be grounded for another week. He's anxious to get in the sky again." He looked around and noticed that others were mounting up on their dragons. "Looks like we're leaving. Shall we?" He asked and then waited patiently for J'on to mount his dragon first. Then he climbed up behind him. Des was so much smaller than Mnenomth, but that also meant he got to sit even closer to J'on.

Perhaps it was unfair of him, but instead of putting his hands on J'on's shoulders he placed them on his waist. He leaned in over his shoulder and spoke in his ear, making sure to whisper so his breath would tickle his ear, "You smell good." If his lips happened to lightly brush that lobe he pretended he didn't know it. Before he could do more to tease the man in front of him, Des took off.

Sadly they were not in the air long before they had gone between and came out over Benden. Fox's thumbs made little circles on J'on's sides. He could feel how toned the man was. Never before had a man's body turned him on so much. Des circled down to land. He was a bit reluctant to get down, but he knew he had to. When he dismounted he stood back a bit and waited for J'on to dismount as well.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:04 am

There had been some thinking going on while he'd been on Des for those precious few moments alone. He could do this, he was going to be able to do this. There would be no problems, there wouldn't be an issue. Then Fox mounted up, and J'on felt his warmth before his touch, and shit he knew he was done for. He tried to cover up his moan, he really tried to. But damn Fox between he had to place his lips and his breath right against his ear, and J'on's ears had to be sensitive to touch. That moan produced another, and by the time Des took off, he felt so aroused he knew getting down from her without being noticed would be impossible.

Hopefully the chill of between would take the bite off enough, and it did. For all of a breath before he felt those thumbs and those fingers, and he started to picture the things they could do to him without clothes in the way. Des couldn't get to the ground fast enough. Fox couldn't get to the ground fast enough. But instead of following after the bronzerider, J'on gave himself a moment and turned so that his back faced Fox. I can't go down his way, Des. Just... make sure no one comes around. Especially Fox. Please.

She didn't quite understand what the matter was. Nor why he was adjusting his pants with the urgency in which he was doing so. Did he want to mate? Why didn't he just stay at the Weyr with Fox if he wanted to mate? Riders were strange indeed, and she would bring this up to him later. Right now though, the opal watched to make sure no one interrupted, and when he was finished, her rider gave her a pat, still shaking as he rounded her bulk and rejoined Fox on the other side, his steps a bit stiff and out of sorts, but there he was at least. "I suppose we should get inside before they wonder where we are."

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:34 am

Fox waited for J'on and was curious when he dismounted on the other side. He couldn't help but lean to try and see what J'on was doing on that side, but Des was just big enough to block his vision. He was getting ready to go check on J'on, but then he came around to his side and said they should go in. His eyes gave the man a once over and noticed he was walking a little oddly. He tried to hide the smirk that spread on his face then as he realized what was up with the opalrider. He didn't say anything, though, of course. "Yeah, I suppose we should." He agreed and then fell into step behind him. Fox couldn't help but be a little pleased with himself, so pleased in fact he couldn't resist teasing the man a little. "You alright there, J'on? You're walking a little funny."

"Wow, this place is nice." He said as they entered the building. Their wingmates were already up at the bar getting drinks. "Can I get you something to drink? Wine, whisky, an ale?" Fox offered. He waited for the order and then moved up to the bar as well. Regardless of what J'on planned to do here, Fox planned to stay by his side through the whole evening. This was the first time since their first date that he'd gotten to spend any down time with J'on.

"Hey man, how's it going with J'on?" Ao'mek asked as Fox moved to stand beside him at the bar. He already had a glass of wine in his hand.

"It's...um...I don't know actually. I'm not giving up though." Fox answered him honestly with an exasperated sigh. He placed his order, but the bar was rather busy thanks to all the people that were there, so he was going to have to wait for a moment.

"Well, don't give up. It's so obvious he wants you. He just needs more time." Ao'mek said as he gave the man a pat on the back.

"Trust me. I don't plan on giving up." Fox assured him.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:11 am

As careful as he'd been, or tried to be, J'on knew that something was bound to be noticed. Of course Fox had to be the one to point it out to him, and there was no way now to step back and fix things to further correct the problem. He had to just tough it out as it was and hope no one else came up with the obvious when they looked his way. 'This is your fault." He muttered under his breath. "Your... you... sat too close." It was as poor of an excuse as any, even to his own ears, and when he realized it still pointed to how much he wanted Fox, well... he just wanted to go sit under a tree and hope lightning struck it.

Thankfully inside the tavern, he had some cover, and he looked around, finding he agreed with Fox. It was a nice place this friend of K'rios' had put together. It left him alone, in a room full of riders he didn't know, so it shouldn't have been a surprise when one of them slid up to him and introduced himself. He wore the cords of a rider, bronze by the color, and not surprisingly from Benden. Might be a bronzerider, Des, but...

Not your bronzerider?

He hated to admit it but she was right. It wasn't Fox, no bronzerider would ever be like his Fox.

Your Fox... just like your his shortstack. Cute. Humans are cute.

He sighed and looked at the bronzerider in front of him, offered a smile, and tried to explain, but he held up a hand and shook his head. "I say those greens of yours. I know. When they talk, you sort of have to listen. You have no choice but to. Opal." J'on looked at him in confusion, and the man continued, the smile on his face ever growing. "You rider an opal. The dragons are whispering about it, mine is at least. I'm hazarding a guess that the pretty lass belongs to you."

He wasn't sure if he liked that the man knew so quickly or not, but he shrugged it off and nodded. "That's my girl.

That seemed to be enough for the man, at least for now, but he flagged down a server for two of whatever was on her tray, and offered one to J'on, who tried to shake his head at the offer. "Really, my treat. If its because we don't know one another, then let's change that." He held out his hand. "R'het of Bronze Khizoreth. Now you."

Not wanting to be rude, J'on held started to speak. "J'on, of Opal Desdomondyth." He took the hand, only to have R'het take it and brush his lips over his knuckles. It didn't make J'on swoon or flush. It made him uncomfortable. Thankfully he was let go of quickly enough, and he was able to create a bit of distance between them, even if he did accept the drink. "Well, J'on, it's a pleasure to meet you tonight. Perhaps you'd like to see where the night can take us, hm?"

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:43 am

Fox tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for their drinks. He wanted the barkeep to hurry it up, but he understood. There was quite a few people at the bar and only one of him. Really, they should have planned to have more barkeeps on hand for this thing. He felt a pat on his arm and turned to see Ao'mek patting him. "Easy boy. You'll get back to him soon enough." The bluerider said and then turned to look at J'on. That was when he noticed what was going on. "Oh boy. Looks like someone else is moving in on your man, Fox." Ao'mek told him.

Fox turned quickly, just in time to see another man kissing the top of J'on's hand. Instantly jealousy flared through his veins like a fire. His eyes narrowed on the man that was being so bold with his...with J'on. He realized that he didn't have any claim on J'on, but he really didn't like what he was seeing. It did help that J'on didn't seem to be reciprocating the flirtatious attitude of the other bronzerider. The thought that J'on might be interested in anyone else wasn't logical, he obviously had feelings for him, but jealousy was an odd emotion.

Now he was even more impatient for those drinks. There was a part of him that was tempted to forget the drinks and just go over there, but no...it was okay. He'd join J'on soon enough. He told himself to not get too worked up over this. It wasn't as if the other man knew that J'on was his shortstack. Still, a part of him knew that he was likely going to act the stereotypical jealous man.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:08 am

He sipped from his drink, using it to help keep him collected. R'het was speaking about something he wasn't really paying attention to. If it weren't for Des, he really wouldn't be able to follow along. It was strange though, he noticed, but if it were Fox speaking he would be listening it one hundred percent of the way, even if he were trying to fight whatever it was going on between them. He didn't quite understand it, not really at least, and his mind grasped for answers even when it screamed at him the truth.

"J'on?"

"Hm? Oh, sorry. A little distant. Thinking. Wingdrills, Rest Days, those things. Too much going on at once. You were saying?"

R'het smiled as though he understood, but J'on got the feeling the man was frustrated by his lack of response. He couldn't help himself though, he just wasn't interested, and his Holdbound ways held him in politeness. He did know that he would push back if the man tried to hit on him again, as he had with that kiss to his hand. It was still crawling with his touch, something he couldn't very well wipe against his pants - that would just leave the taint on his clothing, and he didn't want to bring it back to Atricis with him.

"You know," No, I don't... "Here I am, speaking endlessly about myself," he ran a finger along J'on's arm, and it made the opalrider twitch in response. He pulled himself away, but it seemed as though R'het couldn't take the hint. "And you haven't had the chance to say a single word about yourself. We should change that." He sounded so hopeful, but there was an edge to his voice that made J'on shiver. He didn't like it.

Shaking his head he offered a tense but polite smile. "I actually... I need to go. I'm kind of seeing someone and he's here and I'm just waiting for him..." He took another step back, R'het reached for him, and J'on placed a hand on his shoulder. "He'll be here in just a moment. Really." R'het pulled his hand away and squeezed, a touch he meant to be soothing, gentle, but in his hands came off as rough, and it didn't feel good at all.

The bronzerider smiled and started to draw J'on back to the table. "Come, we'll just sit and wait for this "mysterious man" to return..."

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Ao'mek watched as Fox twitched and practically vibrated with impatience. "It's alright, Fox. He isn't going to run off with some random person. Try to relax." The bluerider said, trying to help the man out.

Fox wasn't worried about J'on, he was more worried about the other guy upsetting his shortstack. The tall man leaned over the bar top to see what drinks the man was pouring now, but it still wasn't what he had ordered. The tapping foot began to tap faster in annoyance and impatience. "I know, I know...I just..." Fox began and turned to look where he had left J'on. What he saw made his hackles raise a little. The other bronzerider had the audacity to touch J'on and it was more than obvious that J'on wanted no part of it.

He really didn't care about the drinks now. "If my drinks ever come can you watch them for me?" He asked Ao'mek and then began to walk back towards J'on so he could come to his rescue.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage