Stepping into the Abyss { tag } Parker/Fox

All the rest of the Northern Continent that Atricis left behind. Atricis' old Holds can be found within, as well as all the other Holds and Weyrs and old lands left behind.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:43 am

Jeniron,

I do not know what they call you now, mother and father will not tell me.
Please believe me when I say that I've held no ill words against you since
you've been gone from the Hold. I've only wished to have you home and I
have missed you terribly unlike our siblings. Mother and father have been
unbearable, and I can no longer live here. Please, if you care for me on
any level still, I implore you to help me leave this place. You don't need
to take me South to live with you - you can take me wherever you would
like to leave me and I would be content to remain there, never to get in
touch with you again. But please, little brother, do not let me stay in this
place another day or night.

With the love I still hold for you as your sister,
Enerejalle
It was going to be a mistake, but J'on knew what he had to do. Of all his siblings, he'd been closest to Enerejalle growing up. She was the youngest just above him, the only one that had ever tried to take his thoughts and feelings into consideration - that is, until their parents had managed to silence her, as they had with all their children, though with the others they had followed blindly and without reason almost since birth. He wanted to question the legitimacy of the letter, but there were damp splatters of ink, indicative of tears dropping on paper, and he thought that maybe she'd been crying while trying to write it in a hurry. If she'd been in a rush, then he had to be in one as well, right? Maybe if he had doubts, she did as well, and that made him wonder if she thought he would never respond, especially after the disownment he'd received after his Impression of Des all those months ago.

The opalrider found himself moving before he knew exactly what he was going to do, or how he was going to plan things. There was no doubt in his mind that he had to go get her. He wasn't sure if he was going to take her South or not, as her letter stated, but he knew for a fact he had to remove her from the Hold. That meant she would require a flight jacket. She was smaller than him, so his would suffice, and with that in mind he grabbed a spare and tossed it on the couch while before pulling out the rest of his flight gear. It didn't even begin to cross his mind that he was going to have trouble facing his father, his brothers, all of whom had such strong personalities that he would break beneath them even with Des backing him up... that is, it remained that way until his opal girl broke through the buzz of adrenaline and anxiety pumping through him.

Fox. Tell Fox. I'll get him for you, J'on. But you need him right now. He can go with us, and we can all do this together.

It took him a moment to put the breaks on, to stop and look towards Dashing who was always a reminder of his boyfriend. The pup - for he would always be a pup no matter how large he happened to get - had just been brought back from being let out when the letter had arrived, so he would be fine for a few hours while J'on was away. One concern down. Des accused him of sidestepping the real issue, and that was telling Fox. The panic in his chest started to twist everything into a knot, and he shook his head. No, he couldn't involve Fox in this. There would be an incident between his family and his bronzerider, words spoken, voices raised, worse yet fists tossed and there'd be nothing that J'on could do about it.

But you want him there, J'on...

...but he wanted the man there with him so badly it made the twisting in his body physically hurt. His feet almost tripped themselves, and he had to reach out to steady himself. He shook his head fiercely though. ”No, Des. He can't be there. It'll be quick this way. I go in, I get my sister, I get out. No incidents, no issues, no need to focus on anything else. I may want him there, but...” Fuck, what if he needed that strength? What if words were said to him, reminders flung, things were said that tried to bury him into the past where he wasn't sure if even Fox could pull him back up again? He swallowed and steadied himself, decided he just needed to focus on the task at hand. It would be late by the time he arrived at the Holding in Telgar's territory, late here too by the time he returned but... if he hurried now, he could be there and back before Fox even knew he'd been gone in the first place.

But Des, as much as she wanted her rider to be strong like he was now, knew that he needed the support. He wanted Fox, and as much as he was in denial over the matter, and didn't want her to press her nose against things, she was going to be brave and do for him what he wasn't doing for himself. She reached out to Mnenomth, urgency clear in her voice as she pressed her thoughts against the bronze's stronger mind. J'on doesn't know that I'm speaking to you, but I need you to tell your rider that the two of us are about to go North. To see his family. J'on thinks he doesn't want Fox to know, he believes he can be there and back before he's aware, but he truly wants him there, Mnenomth. He's going to be upset with me, but I have to do this for him. Tell Fox to hurry... I'll try to delay, but J'on is in a rush right now and he'll suspect I spoke to you if I take too long.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Parker
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Wed May 02, 2018 12:52 am

J'on doesn't know that I'm speaking to you, but I need you to tell your rider that the two of us are about to go North. To see his family. J'on thinks he doesn't want Fox to know, he believes he can be there and back before he's aware, but he truly wants him there, Mnenomth. He's going to be upset with me, but I have to do this for him. Tell Fox to hurry... I'll try to delay, but J'on is in a rush right now and he'll suspect I spoke to you if I take too long.

Mnenomth was trying to enjoy a relaxing nap on the ledge. The sun was just at the perfect angle to hit all of his favorite spots. Wings were spread out just a little bit in order to soak up as much sun as possible. It had been a long day at drills, but he was proud of the dragons under him. They'd done a damn fine job and all of them deserved to relax the rest of the evening. Apparently fate decided that wasn't going to be the case for him as his rider's mate's dragon called out to him. If dragons could roll their eyes he would have. Couldn't they just let him be? Oh very well...I'll pass the word onto him for you. The bronze said with an almost tired and bored tone. Fox. Desdomondyth needs you to get to your mate as soon as possible. Apparently he is planning on going north. Before you ask me why, I don't know. If you wish to find out I suggest to get to him before he leaves. The bronze said and then went back to trying to enjoy a lazy nap.

Fox had been finishing up what remained of his paperwork from the day. While he didn't mind being a Wingsecond, he could do without the hours and hours of boring paperwork.Still, he understood its necessity, so he got it done as soon as he could so it would be out of the way. After this was done he was playing on what he and J'on could do with the rest of the evening. Fox wasn't a cook, but the thought of being able to eat in one of their cabins sounded wonderful. Maybe he could pick something up on his way home that way neither of them would have to get back out. Since being with J'on, Fox couldn't imagine his life being any happier. He loved the man with all his heart, deep down he knew that he always would. The simple thought of getting to see him after his duties were done made him happy and excited. However, what Mnenomth had to say made him worry. Why was J'on going north and why didn't he tell him.

The bronzerider stopped what he was doing and immediately headed towards the dragon pavillion. While he was worried, he didn't come bursting in demanding to know what was going on. Instead he decided to take a more laid-back and easy approach. Fox crossed his arms and leaned against a post as he watched J'on preparing and packing a few things into Des's flight gear. "We going somewhere, short stack?" He asked curiously and nonchalantly.
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander |

.::..::..::..::..::..
Ember

Thu May 03, 2018 2:21 am

"We going somewhere, short stack?"

As much as J'on wanted to be surprised that Fox was there, he wasn't. On some level, there was immense relief to see him there, but on another, he felt considerable betrayal towards his dragon that she had called for him when he had expressly told her not to. She crooned, and dipped her head towards him, but he ignored her in favor of turning from his boyfriend and the great head of the opal to continue to pack the few provisions he'd put together for his sister in case the decision was to be made that she should be placed elsewhere aside from the Weyr. And for a time he said nothing, unable to formulate a thought that would be sufficient enough for Fox, let alone something that he wanted to divulge. He would have asked Des how much she had shared, but he had a feeling it wasn't much, unless Fox wasn't telling him everything in the little sentence that he'd shared.

He glanced over his shoulder at the man and felt his body shiver, as it always did when his bronzerider was near, and just as fast he turned away because if he continued to look he would unravel. He needed to stay strong, and he couldn't do that if he let his mind stray away from its objective, which he repeated once again in his head: Get North, get Enerejalle, get out of the Hold before too much of a fuss is made, bring her someplace safe, return home... It had changed a little, since Fox now knew he'd be leaving, but not by much. He could still accomplish it all in those little pieces, with the basic end being the same.

Gently, Des poked him mentally, and he figured he needed to respond. So he stopped short of climbing up and clipping a bag to Des' harness, but still couldn't look at Fox. "You and I aren't going anywhere, Fox. I'm going North, to my family's Hold, for a moment. Maybe two. But I'll be back before bed. It'll be quicker if I go by myself." He started to move away, to finally clip up the bags to Des' harness, eager to be gone and to get this taken care of. And the longer he stood her in his boyfriend's company, the more difficult it was to hold everything in. He started to climb up Des' side, only to slide down to his knees from the weight of the situation bearing down on his shoulders.

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Sat May 05, 2018 3:31 am

Fox stayed where he was leaned against one of the pavilion beams and watched as J'on did his best to ignore the fact that he was there. He knew it was only a matter of time before the man finally said something to him. For all they had been together awhile and he knew how much J'on cared for him, the man still had the habit of being reclusive from time to time, especially when it came to more serious matters. While he waited patiently he sent a message to his bronze to bring himself over to the pavilion as it was likely they were going to go up north this evening. Mnenomth groaned and whined at being disturbed and even more so at having to go north, but he did as his rider asked of him.

"You and I aren't going anywhere, Fox. I'm going North, to my family's Hold, for a moment. Maybe two. But I'll be back before bed. It'll be quicker if I go by myself."

Warm brown eyes full of worry and loved watched him, ready in a moment to stop him from going if he really needed to. Patient watching swiftly turned to action as his love slid down to his knees. Fox easily wrapped his arms around J'on and pulled him up into a tight embrace. A large hand stroked through his dark locks before he placed a tender kiss on his forehead. "What's going on, short stack? Why do you need to go back there? And why would you ever think I would let you go there alone?" Fox asked gently and didn't let go of him.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Mon May 21, 2018 7:16 pm

"What's going on, short stack? Why do you need to go back there? And why would you ever think I would let you go there alone?"

The starch, for a moment, had left him, and he just needed a moment to relax and remind himself of why he was even trying in the first place. He couldn't lie to his love, or try and hold it from him. He was going to find out one way or another, and Des was right - he needed Fox there. He wasn't going to be able to face his family without the bronzerider there, and he doubted he'd be able to disengage his sister form them, if that was indeed what she wanted, without having some sort of backup behind him. He knew he had Des, but a dragon wouldn't be enough, and he wasn't going to risk causing an incident.

He snorted as he buried his face in Fox's shoulder a moment and relaxed into him. He was already going to be risking an incident by having Fox there. If one of his brothers, if his father chose to say something... He closed his eyes and tried to will this situation into a dream-like state, but nothing he did could push it that far, and he had to admit defeat when it wouldn't get it to that point. So, admittance, and hopefully, understanding. "My sister, Enerejalle, found a way to write to me. She wants me to come and get her, and bring her someplace away from the Hold. She doesn't want to be there anymore, and she apologized to me."

He still wasn't sure if she was being truthful, but... "I can't just leave her if she truly wants to get away from them, Fox. I remember what living with them was like. They abandoned me, there must be a reason why she wants to get away from them too. I don't need to bring her to the Weyr, but I do need to get her someplace more secure."

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Thu May 24, 2018 5:56 am

Fox cuddled his love close to him. A large hand raised up to run through his dark locks and then down to rub his back lightly. He would give J'on all the time he needed to tell him why he had to go north. He never pressed him for information about his family, but he knew enough to know that he himself didn't like them for what they did to J'on. How anyone could mistreat their own child like that...he wasn't sure. He knew he never could, but he had had family that cared for him and he got to live in the creche with others who also cared. Fox hoped that he was making up for some of their faults.

"I can't just leave her if she truly wants to get away from them, Fox. I remember what living with them was like. They abandoned me, there must be a reason why she wants to get away from them too. I don't need to bring her to the Weyr, but I do need to get her someplace more secure."

Fox leaned back and pressed a tender kiss to J'on's forehead. Seriously, even now he couldn't get over how much he loved how much shorter J'on was. He then helped him up off of his knees. "Don't worry about it. We'll go get her. Both of us. Together. And if your family wants to start something they're going to have to go through me first." Fox assured him as if it wasn't a big deal. "Not sure if you've noticed, short stack, but I'm not exactly a small guy. I am almost eighty percent positive I could take your mother if need be. What is she? Like ninety pounds? Yeah, eighty percent sure I'd win...well, no, let's say seventy-percent positive." He said in his classical sarcastic humor that generally got J'on to laugh for him.

"So, let me go grab my jacket and we'll go get her. Simple as that." Fox said and then gave him a loving kiss.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Thu May 24, 2018 4:44 pm

"Not sure if you've noticed, short stack, but I'm not exactly a small guy. I am almost eighty percent positive I could take your mother if need be. What is she? Like ninety pounds? Yeah, eighty percent sure I'd win...well, no, let's say seventy-percent positive."

It didn't take much at all, as usual. His love's words and wit made J'on laugh exactly as intended. He bowed his head and pressed it against him while laughing, before looking up, a smile on his face before he reached up to kiss him. "I will not lose faith in your abilities, my love, even if I worry that mother's snappy jaw will put your chances at a mere sixty-five." He stole another kiss and instead of climbing to his feet, he decided to just curl against Fox and enjoy a moment or two like that against him.

"So, let me go grab my jacket and we'll go get her. Simple as that."

J'on, and not for the first time since they'd gotten together, wondered what he'd done to deserve a man like Fox in his life. He took hold of his face and pulled him down, not for a kiss but to simply hold them together, in one another's space. He did this for a moment, then two, before kissing his forehead and releasing him. "You go do that, and I'll make sure we're all set to go by the time you return. I suppose we just go into the Hold when we get there, no need for a plan of action." He nodded and let go, gave the bronzerider the most gentle of pushes. "I'll be waiting my love, don't worry. I'm not going to leave without you and even if I wanted to now, Des wouldn't allow it." The opal, as if to prove that point, swung her head around, crooned, and gently nudged Fox against his side.

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Sat May 26, 2018 6:26 am

Fox was more than happy that his humor had did the trick. Usually it did, which made him feel good. It also meant that he always had an audience to perform for. His jokes and his pranks, of course never ones that hurt people, he always did hoping that they would get a laugh out of J'on. In instances like this...when his heart was worried about something...getting him to laugh made him feel even better. "I promise you...whatever my chances...whatever the outcome...I will have given it my best." He promised him in that same playful tone of voice.

"I'll be waiting my love, don't worry. I'm not going to leave without you and even if I wanted to now, Des wouldn't allow it."

"I wasn't worried about it, but thank you for assuring me. I won't be long." Fox knew that Des wouldn't let him sneak off and honestly he trusted that J'on wouldn't now that he knew what was going on. He hurried back to their apartment to grab his and Mnenomth's gear. While he was there, his thoughts took a little more serious turn. He knew enough that he couldn't help but expect there to be trouble...especially with his father. That was why he thought to add his dagger to his belt. It was a last resort and one he hoped wasn't necessary, but he was prepared and ready to protect J'on, whether it just be in honor or him physically. With all his gear he came back.

"Alright, short stack, I'm ready to go. Let's mount up and you can lead the way." Fox said as he began to put his straps on Mnenomth.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ember

Thu May 31, 2018 3:40 pm

"Alright, short stack, I'm ready to go. Let's mount up and you can lead the way."

The nerves were causing him to shake, but he knew he had to keep solid mentally. It he didn't, they could both be lost, and that simply wasn't going to happen. With a grasp of himself in hand - or as much as he could hold at once - he climbed up to Des' back and settled himself in once strapped in place. Then it was just a matter of waiting for Fox and Mnenomth, which didn't take long, considering their Turns of practice at doing this together.

It will be okay, J'on. You have me and Fox. We won't let anything happen to you.

He knew that, but it did little to settle the flutters in his belly, or the way he knew he was going to regret this if there was an incident where Fox was hurt or had to hurt someone in defense. He didn't need to think like that though, that's the thing, it wasn't going to be that bad. He just need to remember that. It would be fine, it would be fine... it would be fine...

When he was given the signal that Fox and Mnenomth were ready, he had the coordinates passed along and it was almost painful to do so - he hadn't been to the small Hold in Telgar territory in Turns, and yet it was still as crystal clear to him as though he'd been there just yesterday. He frowned as Des rose, the bronze just behind her, and wished there was a safe way to sink into the darkness of between as she slipped into it. All too quickly they appeared above the small mining and smithing Hold, and it brought back such painful memories so swiftly, that he doubled forward where he sat in his harness.

J'on? J'on! What's wrong?

Just land... just land. I just want to get this over with so I never have to come back again.

The opal did so, directed her bronze companion to do so as well, and not surprisingly, members of the Hold, a rather closed off group to begin with, started to poke out soon after. Up until J'on's Impression to one, none of them had heard of an opal dragon before, despite being within the boundaries of Telgar Weyr. So with the appearance of Desdomondyth, it was rather quick for many to surmise who this was - the lost and unwanted son of the Hold.

He should have known that his father wouldn't be the one to greet him. Or that his mother would be "unavailable" as well. It wasn't his sister, the one that they were sent to pick up, but instead one of the twins, early in his fifties and quite possibly the cruelest of them all. J'on tried to steady himself even if he was starting to shake as Javireon left the Hold proper and started to make his march in the direction of the dragons, and Des bristled from the way he looked at J'on.

All he did was point. If that's what he left it at, J'on would have been fine. It was his words that made the opal at J'on's shoulder growl in her chest. "I don't even know why I'm bothering talking to you. Far as anyone here is concerned, you don't even exist. But someone had to tell you to leave, and I wasn't going to let anyone else be the one to do it."

The tears welled up in his eyes almost immediately, and he tried to remain steady. Tried to remain strong. Tried to remember that Fox was right behind him. "Tell Enne I'm waiting for her and then you'll never see me again."

But Javireon laughed and try as he might, the sound was enough to make J'on's eyes blur. It was then that the larger man took notice of Fox, and sidestepping his brother, he moved to give him an inspection of his own. He snorted in amusement, then looked down at J'on. "Really, Jeniron? Did he say pretty things to you? Make it seem like you were normal enough?" His gaze turned back to Fox, unaware of the fire he was playing with. "Or maybe he's as much of a freak as you are."

— Ray Bradbury —
Parker

Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:22 am

Mnenomth followed Desdomondyth to J'on's home hold and then landed beside her as fast as he could thanks to Fox's insistence. There were people coming out of the wood works and the last thing he wanted was for J'on to have to face any of them by himself. Mnenomth, do me a favor. Look as intimidating as possible. I have a feeling that this hold needs a reminder of what dragonriders can be. Fox told his bronze. Mnenomth gave a silent laugh at that. He certainly didn't mind doing that at all.

Fox dismounted and then came to walk up behind J'on. He heard what the man speaking to him had to say and that immediately put his hackles up. Still, he kept his head and outwardly he remained calm and collected. He had a feeling that this wasn't going to be easy, but he was more than ready to put these lowly holders in their place, one way or another. Perhaps they were far enough removed from a weyr to remember what dragons were capable of. That simply meant making them remember would be far more justifying than normal.

"Really, Jeniron? Did he say pretty things to you? Make it seem like you were normal enough?" His gaze turned back to Fox, unaware of the fire he was playing with. "Or maybe he's as much of a freak as you are."

Fox, standing tall and proud, took a few steps forward towards the insolent man. "You know what's worse than holders that don't remember the respect all riders deserve from saving their sorry hides from thread, J'on?" He spoke to J'on and acted as if the man speaking down to them wasn't worth his attention. "Holders that don't remember to do their part to save their own sorry hides. Mnenomth, this hold is looking a little green, don't you think? Why don't you be kind and take care of that for them since they are apparently incapable of taking care of it themselves." The bronze gave a loud, threatening bugle before he leaped into the air. Not even a moment later the bronze was hovering low above a section of the hold that was near where they were standing, behind who Fox could only assume was a relative of J'on's. Without further warning the large bronze let loose a strong stream of flame and incinerated the grasses that dared to creep through the cracks of stone. Any near would be able to feel the heat of the fire.

When Mnenomth was done flaming he landed which put him behind the insolent man. Fox gave him a small nudge and the bronze moved even closer, enough so that his shadow cast upon all of them and the smell of firestone wafted in the air above. "That's better. I'll trust that you are capable of taking care of any other offensive green growing near. Though, I'm sure Mnenomth wouldn't mind flaming more of it for you if you're not." Mnenomth lowered his head and gave another loud trumpet. "Now, I suggest you do as Opalrider J'on says and fetch Enne." He stared the man down, his hand relaxed but obviously near the sharp blade at his hip. "I won't suggest it twice." There was more of a threatening tone in his voice now.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage