Back in Benden - Jora | Parker

All the rest of the Northern Continent that Atricis left behind. Atricis' old Holds can be found within, as well as all the other Holds and Weyrs and old lands left behind.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:07 pm

Her conversation with Lorcan had ended in disaster, enough so that the brownrider withdrew from the world in the days to follow. She took leave from her Wing to think about her future, and after some time, she decided it was time to submit her request to transfer back to Benden Weyr. Rather than give herself the initial time she had planned, Revanne arranged her transfer to occur in two weeks. Naturally, the family she had established in Atricis, including her own brother, were not pleased by her decision, but Revanne adhered to her choice.

She spoke no more to Lorcan, though she did offer Bastian what support she could. "You'll Impress," she assured him during his recovery in the infirmary. The last memory she would ever have of the young man was placing a goodbye kiss on his brow. She never saw him again after that, nor did she see his brother. It was a bitter goodbye, but it was better than the wretched one Lorcan had given her. His dismissive behaviour that night had never made Revanne feel so worthless. She left him that night, and cried herself to sleep in Morath's arms. It was that night in the Weyrling barracks ultimately drove her to submit her brisk transfer. Were it not for V'an, she would have left sooner, but she loved her brother enough to give him the time to realise her departure and accept it.

And then there was the matter of J'lek. The man seemed unsurprised by her decision, which irritated her for reasons unknown to her. Within the first week, she kept the bronzerider at a distance. She remained wary of him after that night of the feast, but given a week, Revanne managed to forgive him enough to give him a smile. By the last night, he even managed to coax a song of laughter from her. She wondered about his promise in those final nights, though she swore never to let herself trust him. "You're not going to Benden," she teased him. It had become a joke between friends, especially in that final night. The phrase dropped into their conversation anytime he got too cute with her. And when he got especially flirty, she cocked a brow at him and stated: "I'm not sleeping with you, Jora."

She remained true to her word. That final night, she left J'lek in the dining hall, and left the Weyr the following morning.

Revanne immediately found her pace with the old Weyr. Upon her arrival when she was embraced by Shiak, G'lend, and E'von, she sobbed tears of union. And when she saw her sister, Novandra, the twins refused to relinquish one another in the days to follow. Being with Novandra reminded Revanne of their peaceful childhood together. It helped her to find her rhythm once more, and after a sevenday in the northern Weyr, New Atricis became a distant memory.

... but not J'lek.

One night, the two sisters sat together over a glass of wine, and Revanne finally managed to make the small confession to her sister. "I told him he wasn't coming to Benden after he promised he would... but..." she looked up to regard her sister in regret. "I hoped he would prove me wrong."

"You really that surprised?" Novandra, the sceptic of the two of them, asked of Revanne.

The brownrider sipped at her wine as she thought back on those last interactions with the bronzerider, leading her to give her sister a morose smile. "Yeah... I am-" she gave a shake of her head "-I know, I know... I know, Nova. But I really thought it would be different this time." Given a little bit more time, Revanne would overcome the sting of rejection, just as she had done with Lorcan, though she doubted she would ever forget the name of J'lek.

Enough time had passed that the brownrider stopped counting the days since her transfer to Benden. She saw her siblings every day, fought every day, lived every day, while one day in particular, Morath even gave chase on a Zultanite's flight. He did not win, of course, though Revanne was not much for company. Instead, she waited out the effects of flight until she had a clear enough head to return to the routines of her day. It was on this day that she found her seat at a table alone. After the flight, and her choice to deal with it alone, the brownrider found herself needing the time to contemplate on why she felt so lonely again. Once more, she thought about Lorcan and how worthless he had made her feel, and then she thought of J'lek and his empty promises.

Tired of men, she rested her head on the fold of her arms upon the table. I really need to stop thinking about shit men, Mora...

The brown agreed with her, and supported her reflection.
Parker
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:41 am

After that night at the feast Jora had kept his promise to be the best friend he could be for Reva. At first that meant giving her the distance that she needed. He knew his gaffe had put a wedge between them, one that he didn't mean to put there, but he wasn't about to give up yet. For once in his life he needed to be patient and above all he needed to not be selfish. What she wanted was what was most important to him, so he made himself available as much as possible.

When the day came that Reva told him that she was transferring back to Benden, he was not surprised. He didn't want her to leave, especially since she was so insistent that he was not going to transfer with him. For all that he wanted to argue with her, he didn't, he stayed supportive. Soon the words 'you're not going to Benden' became a common tease between them. Jora's answer would always be, "As you say", but those three words were merely place holders for what he really wanted to tell her. That final night she was there, she once again told him that he wasn't going to Benden....and again he replied with 'as you say', but he hoped...he hoped beyond hoped, that she heard the chime of the promise he'd made to her in it.

*~*~*~*~*

It was hard concentrating the first few days after Reva had left. All the bronzerider wanted to do was to go after her. However, it was the promise he'd made to not do anything brash that kept him at New Atricis. Still, as the days wore on and he continued to miss her, he knew what it was he had to do. Being a little smarter and a littler wise than before, at least he hoped, Jora went to the one person he knew was not going to lead him wrong.

He bought one of the best bottles of Benden Red that he could find and took it to his father as an offering for his wisdom. That evening the two of them shared that bottle, cigars, and Jora spoke frankly and openly about the situation he had found himself in. Ma'lek, use to his son's ways, wasn't too surprised. However, the restraint and determination he saw in his lad to keep his word and do right by Reva showed him that the whelp wasn't as selfish as he use to be. By the time the early morning rays shown in the night sky, Jora felt he knew exactly what it was he had to do.

The ball began moving, but it felt as if it was taking forever to get anywhere. Jora had to constantly tell himself to be patient and all the while he worried that Reva would think his promise to always be there for her was pushed aside. That put him in a tough spot. He'd promised to be there for her, but he'd also promised her to not immediately transfer to Benden. Finally, after what seemed like forever, things were in place and he was able to head up to Benden.

*~*~*~*~*

His things would be arriving at Benden after him, so Jora had had to dress properly before he left New Atricis. While it was a goodbye of sorts, it didn't feel like a final goodbye to him. He'd be back to visit and his family there would have more reason to go North to visit him as well. Jora told Kiandath to land on the weyr's height. He didn't know where Morath was, but he didn't want the brown to alert his rider that he was there. From the height he got a lift down by a different dragon.

It took him a moment to figure out where it was Reva was at, but it helped knowing his way around. For as long as he'd been away he knew this place like the back of his hand. Peeking into the dining room he finally saw her. She didn't look happy, which made him instantly sad. Before going in, though, he backed out and went to find something. Once it was found he headed back in and walked as quietly as he could behind her.

"Careful. If our old candidate master catches you slouching like that it'll be hell to pay." Jora said cheekily with a smirk on his face. When she turned to look at him she would see him dressed sharply and clean shaved with a lovely flower in his hand for her.
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander |

.::..::..::..::..::..
Shaihulud

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:57 am

With thick tendrils of hair pooled around her, sheltering her face from the world, the brownrider looked like a puddle of misery. Self-loathing was unbecoming, Novandra would say, but Revanne could not help it when all she wanted was for someone to hold her and make her feel loved. The loneliness was further exacerbated by residual flight loss. Everything she tried on herself fueled her sense of frustration and desolation. To ease the melancholy produced by such shortcomings, she seeped herself in the bathing pool. However, rather than sooth herself in meditation, Revanne marinating in thoughts of resentment and regret until the skin of her fingers pruned. Taking a moth would have been the smarter option, but Revanne could not bring herself to accept their selfish attentions. They just wanted rough sex, but Revanne wanted more than that. She wanted to be recognised as a person rather than a means to an end.

You could take one now, the brown suggested.

A sigh answered him first. No, Mora... I think I just need to sleep it off. Maybe with a fresh start, Revanne could forget this day ever happened. Now if only she could scrape herself off the table.

"Careful. If our old candidate master catches you slouching like that it'll be hell to pay."

The brownrider blinked at the sound of the familiar voice. She knew that rich tenor with the touch of cock to it. No...

No, Morath repeated the word, though his intentions hardly reflected her own.

Could it be? The dulcet tease was enough to draw the woman out of her woeful state and pry her off the table. With a push back of her wild mane, she turned to regard the bronzerider, only to be greeted first by a flower. Eyes counted the petals and noted the lovely colour of the blossom. She would have reached for it, but instead, her eyes continued along the hand that presented the gift, noting the fabric that shaped the sleeve at his wrist. Standing up, she took in every detail of J'lek's presentation. He stood before her dressed in attire suitable enough for a gather, and there she stood in a redwart stained tunic with a worn brown skirt. Her countenance was one of disbelief. "You're here?" After the let down she faced over the last turn, she could not bring herself to entirely trust what she saw, no matter how pretty he made himself for her. "Visiting?"
Parker

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:09 pm

"You're here? Visiting?"

The delicate flower in his hands was twisted and twirled as his one good eye took in the sight of her. Even dissheveled and covered in redwort, she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. Jora could have kicked himself again for being the fool for all these turns, but there was nothing he could do about it. All he could do was try to make it up to her now.

A silly grin was plastered on his face as he simply looked at her and took in the fact that he was finally here and if she allowed him to, he would never ever leave her side again. "Something like that." Jora answered her in that cheeky tone of his as he held out the flower for her to take.

"I'm sorry I took so long, but...well...I promised that I wouldn't rush to any decision...and I didn't, but...well...I'm here now." Jora began, being honest, but still a bit worried that he might end up saying something wrong. "Reva...I'll do whatever you ask of me, but please...don't ask me to leave." He pleaded with her. The look on his face was hope, fear, longing, and love.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Shaihulud

Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:26 pm

"Something like that."

Was that a yes? And to which? She wondered, not quite ready to believe he would have come all the way to Benden to be with her. The brownrider was about to find out just how wrong she was.

She eyed the flower, watching how it twisted in tantalization, and after some hesitance, she stood to her feet and accepted the gift. Fingers caressed along the stem, feeling for thorns before she took it from J'lek and dared to smell the blossom. Its perfume was sweet and delicate, reminding her childhood with the bronzerider. They lived their youth by that scent as they played in the fields of the Weyr. This flower, in particular, could always be found among the tall fronds.

"I'm sorry I took so long, but...well...I promised that I wouldn't rush to any decision...and I didn't, but...well...I'm here now."

Her dual eyes flashed to him, weighing the things he told her. Was he truly here? Was he worried?

"Reva...I'll do whatever you ask of me, but please...don't ask me to leave."

Whatever confusion or suspicion she harboured vanished with those final words. Rather than berate him for travelling halfway across the world, the brownrider slipped forward to wrap her arms around him. After such a confusing day that left her feeling so worthless, seeing J'lek was a balm to her soul. "You gave me a flower," she murmured to him, though she did not let go. "Why would I want you to leave?"
Parker

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:15 pm

J'lek was a bit worried that she was going to turn him away. Yes, they'd joked around about him not coming to Benden, but still... He knew their past, how stupid he'd been. He really couldn't blame her if she didn't want to give him a second chance....or third or fourth. He wasn't sure what number of chances he was on now, honestly, and that worried him.

"You gave me a flower," she murmured to him, though she did not let go. "Why would I want you to leave?"

Some of his fear was relieved when she stepped forward and wrapped her arms around him. Jora immediately engulfed her in his arms and held her tight against him. One hand moved to cup the back of her head and stroke her hair before he kissed the top of her head. An amused chuckle slipped out of his lips at her response.

He gave an over-dramatic sigh. "If I'd have known a single flower would have done it, I would have brought you an entire bouquet weeks ago." He was teasing her of course. If possible he held her even tighter. "I've missed you so much, Reva. I'm sorry...I'm sorry for being such an ass. For everything...I should not have been such an idiot all those times you gave me a chance and I just....I didn't see it. I see it now. I can only hope that it isn't too late."
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Shaihulud

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:30 pm

When he his hold on her tightened, she could not help but nuzzle closer, savouring the feel of his engulfing warmth. And when he kissed her brow, it was then that Revanne finally allowed herself to accept the fact he was home, because like hell would she ever let him leave now. He was stuck in Benden now. If he left, she would swear to herself she would never forgive him... though deep down she knew even that was not true. She would always let J'lek back into her life no matter how many times he hurt her.

Yet that was why she was also so cautious with him now, for just because she let him into her life did not mean she was fully ready to let him into her heart.

"If I'd have known a single flower would have done it, I would have brought you an entire bouquet weeks ago."

"Jora, you are such an ass sometimes," she chuckled back. Only J'lek would ever recognise the insult as a term of endearment from her.

""I've missed you so much, Reva. I'm sorry...I'm sorry for being such an ass. For everything...I should not have been such an idiot all those times you gave me a chance and I just....I didn't see it. I see it now. I can only hope that it isn't too late."

"Shhhhh..." she answered in turn. Having J'lek there with her after her fit of melancholy did wonders for her mind, but also grounded her. "Don't worry about that." With a kiss to his cheek, she eased out of his arms and motioned for him to sit down with her at the table. "Sorry if I seem a bit all over the place right now. Mora lost a flight today, and I... I didn't handle it in the best way, so I'm a bit of an emotional mess right now." Before he might say anything in response, she reached out to set a hand on his forearm. "But it is so good to see you again Jora-" her thumb brushed against his arm "-I missed you." Even as she continued to feel the residual haze of flight lust and hostility linger in the back of her thoughts, Revanne was enough of herself now to not act on them, and to recognise just how fortunate she was to have J'lek back in her life again.
Parker

Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:27 am

"Jora, you are such an ass sometimes,"

Jora couldn't help but laugh. He recognized the word for the endearment it was....and the honesty behind it. Some might think such humor was in poor taste in a situation like this to make such a joke, but humor had always been a part of them. The sarcastic little remarks, the harsh names spoken with love, if they didn't have that then they wouldn't fully be them. "Only sometimes? Well fuck...I must already be improving." He quipped back.

Don't worry about that? That was all he'd been worried about since she left. Still, he wouldn't keep talking about it if she didn't want him to. She hadn't told him to leave and all the signs she had given, even the kiss on the cheek, told him that perhaps there was some hope for them. "Hey, you don't have to apologize to me." He stated to her as he took a seat. One of his hands reached over to caress her arm a little.

"Morath lost a flight? I'm sure that didn't sit well with him. I'll be sure to not let Kiandath know." Like rider like dragon. Kiandath could often get a bit snarky....especially to Morath, since he knew the brown wasn't the fondest of his rider. Jora knew he could make a quip about her not handling the flight well, but he didn't...that would have been in typical asshole fashion.

"But it is so good to see you again Jora-" her thumb brushed against his arm "-I missed you."

Jora gave her a tender, warm smile and covered her hand with his. "I'm not going anywhere....not if I have something to say about it."
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Shaihulud

Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:29 am

The brown huffed in the back of her thoughts with the mention of his loss. Really, J'lek did not need to know about it, though Morath was not so much of an ass not to feel gratitude when J'lek promised not to tell Kiandath. At least the brown would not have that obnoxious bronze to worry over. His ego was bruised enough as it was from the rejection.

As Morath licked his wounds, Revanne eased into her seat, enjoying the connection she shared with J'lek, a connection she had long been bereft of. The contact between herself and J'lek was sorely missed, she came to realise when he reciprocated her touch. The brush of his fingers along her tender skin was a needed comfort, but in her current state, she felt the currents of desire begin to charge between them. Every inch the bronzerider stroked tickled against her sense still heightened by the flight, so she thought it best to pull away. However, she failed to commit to the action before he could settle his hand over her own, sheltering it with the promise of loving warmth.

"I'm not going anywhere....not if I have something to say about it."

Fingers twitched beneath his own, wanting to lace them together. "You really mean that, don't you." She gave him the faintest twitching smile, a show of her concession to his insistence, but before she might give any other indication that she believed him, Revanne withdrew the hand from J'lek and set her arm across her chest upon the table. He had made his point, and she would accept it... and yet still she hesitated. "Is your weyr already set up for tonight? Or they making you sleep with Kiandath tonight?"
Parker

Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:29 pm

Be a gentleman, be a gentleman, ignore that spark.[/i] Such thoughts kept going through Jora's mind as he touched her soft skin and felt her hand lightly caressing him. Yes, he could feel that flame of desire trying to stir and dance between them, but that was not why he was here. She'd lost a flight, they had a history of playing with fire before, but he wasn't going to let that dictate what he said or did in this moment. Instead, he focused on the warmth of her hand. How much tenderness there was in it. He focused on what they had that was deeper than mere attraction and sexual tension.

"You really mean that, don't you."

The look in his eyes were nothing but honest and genuine. "Yeah. Yeah, I really do mean that. I want to be here, with you, for as long as you'll allow me to be." A smile broke his face, "And knowing myself probably a little longer after you don't want me to be here." He joked. He could be quite the stubborn asshole. "I've already worked out a schedule with the kids, so you don't have to worry about me not seeing them. I talked with Pops about this before I left, so I have his fulll support behind me. I'm here to stay." He assured her with a smile.

"Is your weyr already set up for tonight? Or they making you sleep with Kiandath tonight?"

Fingers twitched with the want to stop her hand from withdrawing, but it didn't. "The bare necessities should be set up. Most of my things are in boxes, but there is a bed and a couch already in my weyr, so I'm not lacking a somewhat comfortable spot to sleep for the night. Until I can start unpacking and setting things up tomorrow." A twinkle lit his eyes before he went on to say, "What do you say to helping me unpack tomorrow and I will bring you more flowers and a skin of your favorite wine in return? If you're not busy doing something else that is."
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage