Back in Benden - Jora | Parker

All the rest of the Northern Continent that Atricis left behind. Atricis' old Holds can be found within, as well as all the other Holds and Weyrs and old lands left behind.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:19 pm

"Yeah. Yeah, I really do mean that. I want to be here, with you, for as long as you'll allow me to be."

Her smile answered his own when he had spoken, warmed by the fact he had literally travelled the face of Pern to be with her. Did this mean the beats of his heart were steadfast and true, rather than shallow and fleeting? Fingers braced against his wrist at the thought.

"And knowing myself probably a little longer after you don't want me to be here."

Laughter remained evasive despite the lightheartedness of the remark. How could she ever turn him away? Even after the struggle of the last few turns, Revanne knew when to quietly concede at least to herself that she had always cared for the man now sitting across from her... and yet still she withdrew from, letting her hand slip across the table to return to her.

"The bare necessities should be set up. Most of my things are in boxes, but there is a bed and a couch already in my weyr, so I'm not lacking a somewhat comfortable spot to sleep for the night. Until I can start unpacking and setting things up tomorrow." She caught that glimmer in his eyes before he spoke. "What do you say to helping me unpack tomorrow and I will bring you more flowers and a skin of your favorite wine in return? If you're not busy doing something else that is."

She held his gaze several agonising breaths as she deliberated over her response. "I'm not going to sleep with you Jora," she finally answered. Yet before he might take offence, the faintest smile curled along her reddened lips.
Parker
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:11 am

"I'm not going to sleep with you Jora,"

No offense was taken even before the coy little smile lit Reva's face. "I know." He said with an equal smile back. Jora, for all he was surprised at himself for this, honestly didn't want them being that level of intimate with eachother yet. All his previous relationships he had basically gone into allowing his smaller brain to have some say in the matter. Well, it wasn't going to get its way this time. Reva meant more to him than that. He really wanted to do this right if they were going to do this. That he wasn't even sure of yet either. Yes, she was going to let him stay...but letting him live in the same place as her was far the same as them developing a relationship. Time and patience...he needed those...and a healthy dose of the charm she was oh so use to.

"Seriously though...if you are busy or don't want to help it's fine. Faranth knows I've done enough moving in my life now, I think I know how to do it. It's not like I have that much stuff to unpack anyways." Jora said, all joking aside. However, his narrowed on her for a second and he leaned in closer. "Actually, now that I think about it...perhaps it is better if you didn't. Don't think I have forgotten what you like to do with people's undergarments."
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander |

.::..::..::..::..::..
Shaihulud

Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:40 pm

"I know."

A part of the brownrider that was still herself felt pleased to see J'lek not only acknowledge her jest and accept her intentions. It was the facet of her that the bronzerider saw, the one that smirked at him in amusement and tapped her fingers on the table. The other part, a sliver of her baser brain still bothered by the flight, was a tad annoyed. He was always ready to salute before, that small voice tickled along the back of her thoughts. However, Revanne had more control than to ever listen to that part of her dug up by Morath at his worst. J'lek was more than a means to an ends to her; he was her friend.

"Seriously though...if you are busy or don't want to help it's fine. Faranth knows I've done enough moving in my life now, I think I know how to do it. It's not like I have that much stuff to unpack anyways."

"You know I'll help you," answered the brownrider in assurance. She was not the sort to turn down helping a friend, no matter how much of a jack-ass they were. Though J'lek was a good jack-ass, she jested privately with a telling smirk.

"Actually, now that I think about it...perhaps it is better if you didn't. Don't think I have forgotten what you like to do with people's undergarments."

"I don't know what you're talking about," she feigned innocence, though she averted her eyes and allowed the telling smirk to reappear upon her long features. She knew exactly what he was talking about.
Parker

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:43 pm

"You know I'll help you,"

Jora gave her a wide smile. "I do know that. Besides, I'm sure my weyr will look better for having a woman's touch in getting it situated." For all he'd not been a true bachelor for long, he tended to slip into that way of living on his own. At least, well he thought anyways, he wasn't as bad as he had been when he was younger. He at least knew to put his dirty clothes in the hamper instead of on the floor.

"I don't know what you're talking about,"

"Suffering a bit of selective amnesia are we?" He asked with a playful tone. Jora had been on plenty receiving ends of Reva's pranks, but he'd also helped her with a few of them. Nothing wrong with a little prank or two, as long as no one got really hurt. Which they would never go that far.

"Seriously though. Thank you. I appreciate the help. Four hands work faster than two. And I'll make good on those drinks. What would you prefer? Wine or ale?" He asked. He wanted to reach out and take her hand, anything, again, but he didn't want to be pushy either. Time and patience, that was what he needed to really win her over and let her know that he was serious about wanting them to work.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Shaihulud

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:03 pm

"I do know that. Besides, I'm sure my weyr will look better for having a woman's touch in getting it situated."

"I can definitely agree with that," Revanne piped back without hesitation. Though some might say cleanliness was rooted in subject expectations, the brownrider still vehemently swore to the void and back that J'lek lived in a fucking pig pen.

"Suffering a bit of selective amnesia are we?"

Rather than give him any sort of satisfaction of acknowledgement, she played coy. In the back of her mind, however, she enjoyed the satisfaction of the prank all those turns ago. She doubted Ma'lek ever forgot what she had done to him, and with his own son as an accomplice. "I don't know what you're talking about," she stated once again. The repetition would only confirm to the bronzerider she enjoyed the game between them.

"Seriously though. Thank you. I appreciate the help. Four hands work faster than two. And I'll make good on those drinks. What would you prefer? Wine or ale?"

Fingers twitched against her arm, hesitating to obey the subconscious demands of her baser impulses. She managed to refrain for the meantime. "Wine, as usual. When would you like to meet?" Maybe after a fresh start, and a new day, Revanne would be able to shed off the remainder of such wanting inclinations. The temptation growing too great, she sunk her hands beneath the table to tangle along the fabrics of her dress. The feel of the coarse fibres managed to preoccupy her, though she found her mind easily gravitated back to the man in front of her. It took several beats of her heart for Revanne to realise she was eyeing J'lek in a telling way. Rather than expose herself further, she looked down and made a cough to break the stillness. "Sorry. I... you know, I should probably go. You know how it is." Flights and all.
Parker

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:39 pm

"I don't know what you're talking about,"

Jora's eyes were alight with amusement and mischeivousness. "Pops still talks about that prank, just so you know. For all he was as red as the Red Star itself when it happened, I think he looks back on it fondly now." He informed her with a chuckle. "Pops is always fun to prank. I've heard some of his stories from when he was younger. I think he would have kicked your ass at it in his prime." There was, no matter what the content of the topic, a level of pride in the bronzerider's voice whenever he spoke of his father.

"Wine, as usual. When would you like to meet?"

"Wine, got it." Jora said and made a mental note to get her favorite if possible. "Umm...well, not even a newly transferred rider is cleared from drills...maybe after them we can get to work. Really though...I don't have much so it shouldn't take more than a candlemark or two." He said with a gentle rise and fall of his shoulder. He was a rather simple man that didn't require many things to be happy.

"Sorry. I... you know, I should probably go. You know how it is."

Shards, but the tension between them was palpable. It was almost enough to really and truly bother him. "Yeah...yeah, I do know how it is." Flights and all indeed. He knew what she was going through right now and it wasn't the most pleasant of places...unless you planned on doing something about it...which he knew she didn't. "Um..I will see you tomorrow?" It was a question, but posed more of a statement. He was here now and that was all that mattered.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Shaihulud

Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:34 pm

"Yeah...yeah, I do know how it is."

Once more, the part of her tainted by the flight huffed in annoyance. If he knew how it going be, maybe he wanted to do something about it. It did not help that Revanne was able to note all the little tells that he had truly come to Benden for her. Yes, he had practically blared it from the rooftops back in New Atricis, but the fact she could see it, making his desires tangible...

Stop that! she reprimanded herself. Why did it have to be like this? She was fine when he arrived, so why did she find every inch of her suddenly wanting to disobey the commands of her own mind?

"Um..I will see you tomorrow?"

"Of course," she answered quickly, perhaps too quickly. With an eagerness to go lest her flight addled brain get the better of her, Revanne stood to her feet, ready to leave. "I'll... catch you tomorrow, say... five-sih?" It would give them time to recover from drills, and, barring any further agitation on Morath's behalf, she might find a bit more composure to deal with J'lek and the feelings he stirred.

And there was the truth of it. The stir. Revanne was not quite ready to admit it just yet... but she wanted J'lek, and always had. The lust of the flight only made it that much easier for her to see it. Sitting there with him with every minute that passed only made it that much more apparent to her. The brownrider could kick herself right now.
Parker

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:31 pm

"Of course. I'll... catch you tomorrow, say... five-sih?"

Jora stood to his feet as soon as she did. He really didn't want to part ways with her so soon, but he did understand. Besides, he was here now. He wasn't going anywhere. Well, no where permanently anyways. The bronzerider was here to stay. He gave her a warm smile that crinkled the corners of his eyes. "Tomorrow at five-ish sounds perfect." He told her. While he didn't want to make things harder or worse for her, he still couldn't resist giving her a hug good night.

"Sleep well, Reva." He said before he winked at her and then headed away. Shards it hurt....it hurt walking away from her, but it was for the best. For both of them. He couldn't resist looking over his shoulder at her as he walked away though. Despite separating from her tonight, he felt very good about this evening. It had gone very well and that made him hopeful that things would keep going well between them.

{fin}
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage