When Mountains Fall Part 5 [Igen Weyr, Open]

All the rest of the Northern Continent that Atricis left behind. Atricis' old Holds can be found within, as well as all the other Holds and Weyrs and old lands left behind.
Altreis

Wed May 08, 2019 6:15 am

Tag: Teteakea
T'ran paused briefly, straps in hand, when the new gold weyrling pretty much groaned. He couldn't really disagree with the sentiment; weyrling training was no picnic. The way she rubbed at her temples though...hm. Then again she was one of those needing treatment. This strange sickness would hardly be the first to cause headaches in its victims. Firehead was a notorious example of such...

Thankfully the pair were ready to go. The quicker they got to Atricis and the healers, the better. Losing a goldrider to a treatable illness because they dragged their feet in ferrying them would be one spectacular failure. Neither T'ran nor Adnachielth would even consider it.

Instead, as T'ran began to strap the young gold in, Adnachielth crooned. She was making her own demands of him, demands that aligned with what he and T'ran wished. Please give us your cooperation and we will make sure of that, Adna replied softly. I promise that much. Our instructions are for your safety and comfort; follow them and you will soon be settling in at Atricis while Yours is tended to by the healers. In the event that she needs rest there are many who would be overjoyed to aid in your care.

"Okay," T'ran said as he finished with Siveynarth. "You're up next Teteakea. Would you like a hand up? Adnachielth is a pretty big fellow. Then, if you and Siveynarth would please indulge me a little longer, I would like to test the straps before we actually go between. I want to do all I can to get you both to Atricis Weyr safely."
Tag: D'tur
Whoo-oo-oops. Though they meant well, Ifrith and H'tai could sense they'd made a mistake. Already. The young bronze seemed to not realize his rider was unwell.

H'tai grimaced ruefully. "Ah...sorry about that. I just could not help but observe...and I didn't stop to think that letting your partner know would be trouble."

D'tur is fine, relatively speaking, Ifrith assured Arjunavoreth. But it can't hurt to have the healers look him over anyway. If nothing else I'm sure they have something to help with that cough.

"Right," H'tai agreed, putting a smile on for the weyrling pair. "There is nothing all that wrong but that coughing doesn't feel good and takes energy I know no weyrling has to spare. Um...by the way, are you two coming? I have straps for Arjunavoreth and D'tur you will need to be strapped in as well..."

H'tai trailed off when D'tur coughed again, remaining quiet when the young man asked him a question. "The candidates? Mmm, I'm pretty sure any that are sick will be going to Atricis. We're receiving all the ill so they can be treated and recover in the warm climate. I could not say for the candidates who are not sick though. That would be a matter between the Weyrleaders-and I mean all of them, not just Atricis' Weyrleaders. I am confident they will all be evacuated though. There is nothing for them here, not now. So uh, ready to get that cough taken care of? And here let me see if I have something to help insulate you...between tends to be most disagreeable for sickness and injuries..." The brownrider trailed off, mumbling somewhat, as he dug through the saddlebags. Ifrith rumbled, amused by his rider's antics.
Image Image Image Image Image
Ainokesshou

Thu May 16, 2019 3:42 am

Tag: Alt/H'tai

This was actually a little awkward. Neither the brown nor his rider had done anything wrong by letting Arjunavoreth know D'tur was sicker than he claimed. And...well, it would have been a bigger problem before, when he still would have resisted a trip to the infirmary. He wasn't even certain he would have been allowed to go, or willing to trust his dragon would be safe in his absence. At New Atricis, he was sure that would all be less of a problem.

"S'okay," he answered, "I was planning on seeing a healer there, anyway, just didn't want him to worry until then." He frowned at the knowledge that only the sick candidates were likely to come with them. Of course, he would prefer that Dantri went home instead, but she was so stubborn, she would probably refuse.

"I won't turn down something warm, I've heard between is worse than freezing. . . but surely I'm not truly SICK, just have a lot of dust I've been breathing in. I doubt it'll be much of a problem even if I do get cold." While he HAD been planning to see a healer at Atricis, D'tur was genuinely not too worried about it. He'd gotten a cough or two from breathing in dust kicked up by runners. This only felt different because it was lasting longer.
Dragonriders
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Day wher handlers
Image Image Image
Wher handlers
ImageImage
Pearlriders
Image Image
Candidates/Weyrfolk
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Thu May 16, 2019 6:04 am

Tag - T'ran/Alt
*Good.* Siveynarth initially responded, giving a little snort to punctuate her thought as T'ran began working on strapping her in. Teteakea watched T'ran as he worked, both curious and perhaps a little nervous too, even if she didn't let it show on her face. Something in her mind wished she didn't have to put Siveynarth through this when she was still so young, having her strapped to another dragon. There wasn't anything to be done about it of course, and at least she would be safe.

*No one better take my Teteakea from me. I only want her.* She added after a moment with a huff, misunderstanding the older dragon's words. Teteakea, however, stepped a little closer and patted Siveynarth.

*Don't worry, no one is taking you from me.* She reassured the dragon mentally before T'ran finished his work with her and turned to her next.

At the offer for a hand up, she considered turning it down and climbing up herself in a show of competence. Then she realized... she wasn't that practiced at mounting dragons, and Adnachielth was big. She had noticed he was big, but considering climbing up onto him made her really realize how big he was. Siveynarth could wind up close to his size one day too. Would mounting such a large dragon by then seem normal? Would mounting a dragon ever feel normal to her as a Goldrider? How often did Goldriders get to ride anyways?

"Yes," she answered after clearing her throat and snapping out of her thoughts. "I will need help up. This illness has left me weak. So watch where you put your hands," she warned, "and do try not to take too long checking the straps over. I would like for this to be over with soon," she finished with her own small huff similar to her dragon earlier.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage Image ImageImage Image

Note to Everyone: I'm often open to chat and plot with! You can find me on Discord under Marvealle#5611
Ainokesshou

Mon May 20, 2019 2:29 am

@Loyalty

Tag: Loyalty/Vikandra

P'list only vaguely remembered the trip from Old Atricis to New. He had been a small boy in the creche, and had none of the responsibility of the move. Mostly, it had seemed like an exciting adventure, though the problems that had caused their need to move had been fairly obvious.

He had not felt a keen attachment to a place, then or now. All of Pern was interesting, and he could understand being reluctant to leave people behind, but not being reluctant to leave a physical location. Still, he was willing to try to be gentle and considerate of the feelings of the people they were transporting from Igen Weyr.

The newest clutch of hatchlings - devastatingly small - was coming to New Atricis, and P'list was worried at first that Igenese weyrlings would be hostile to the more modern Weyr.

Then he saw the hatchlings.

Some of them looked pretty normal - that one bronze, the greens, the blues. . . no. There was a blue that did not look normal at all. P'list was glad he was still mounted, as he caught his breath. The poor baby.

Where are his wings, Elahrairath asked his rider, confused, and P'list just shook his head. Even whers had vestigial wings.

Still, P'list thought he could act like everything was normal given those few moments to think, so he directed Elah to settle down next to the blue and his weyrling. P'list dismounted, and approached them with a warm smile. "Hello, miss," he said, not knowing her name yet. "I'm P'list, this is Elahrairath," he waved back at his brown, who rumbled a greeting, before lowering his head to the ground trying to meet the blue's eyes. Hello little one, he said to the hatchling. Has anyone explained what is to happen?

"We are going to be your lift to New Atricis," P'list continued. "Do you have everything you need to bring?"
Dragonriders
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Day wher handlers
Image Image Image
Wher handlers
ImageImage
Pearlriders
Image Image
Candidates/Weyrfolk
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Altreis

Tue May 21, 2019 5:51 am

Tag: Teteakea

At the little gold's insistence that no one would take her rider from her, Adnachielth became confused. Take her Teteakea from her?? Where had that come from?

No one can or wants to take your Teteakea, he assured her, his confusion obvious in his voice.

Who happened to be causing disruptions of her own. T'ran's offer of help was accepted, the warning about his hands grinned at but also noted, and then...

T'ran had gotten them up and settled and was starting to work on Teteakea's straps when she finished. At her words he froze, eyes slowly coming up to meet hers. There was not a trace of laughter to be found nor the usual friendly, relaxed persona T'ran had. Instead he was dead serious, somber even, as he held her eyes.

"I know you want this to be over quickly," he began, voice low and soft yet edged with...something. Something hard. Stern? Resigned? Or...dire...just plain dire. "I do too. I do not want to waste time when you need healing. That said, between is very dangerous. Once your dragon is old enough you'll find out in weyrling training. It is not something to take lightly. These straps are here to make sure you and Siveynarth make it both in and out of between with me and Adnachielth. If they fail, you die. Your life is in my hands. In this case, in these straps. So I will take as long as necessary to be certain they will not come undone or break. Do you understand?"

t'ran was normally a friendly guy, easygoing, but he took safety very seriously. People's lives were not something to take lightly, ever. Thus he warned her, explained to her. A little stern maybe but he never once raised his voice. He was not scolding her as much as telling her exactly what he was going to do and why. He wanted her to understand, at least as best she could until she got the training and experience for herself. He wanted to transport her safely.

Tag: D'tur

"Dust...right..." H'tai muttered as he finally pulled out...well a blanket. He scowled at it. "Really? I didn't think to-no wait..." The blanket was stuffed in a different saddlebag before H'tai moved to another and pulled out a flight jacket. "Aha! I knew I knew better than to come without at least spare flight jacket. Got to keep passengers protected against the cold of between!"

Loud rumbling erupted underneath him, startling H'tai enough that he jumped and looked around. "Again?!" he gasped out-only to blink and realize the rumbling was not another earthquake...Ifrith was outright laughing at him.

"Oh...sh-" H'tai cut himself off, ducking his head as color rushed to his cheeks. "Can't even tell the rumbling of dragon laughter from an earthquake. Ah...sorry about that. A-anyway, I have this flight jacket that hopefully will fit you. Then I can get you and your handsome boy there strapped in for the flight. Oh and...even if it's just a lot of dust you've inhaled, the healers are a good call. If nothing else I would bet marks that they have some sort of tonic that will soothe the irritation in your throat. What do you think?" The flight jacket was held out towards D'tur, for him to take or ask assistance with. He could even just eyeball it, measure himself against it without trying it on... H'tai was in no rush.
Image Image Image Image Image
Loyalty
Pronouns: She/Her

Tue May 21, 2019 8:06 am

Vikandra and wingless blue Senzanuvoleth
Tag: P'list / @Ainokesshou

The adult brown coming closer was observed but Vikandra couldn't bring herself to care very much. Everything seemed so horribly surreal. With emotions frayed, exhaustion setting in hard and being overwhelmed with the unknown, not to mention dealing with the strangeness that was impression, Vikandra took a moment to realize there was a rider in front of her.

Blinking, her eyes focused upon him and her brows lowered with consideration. Why, this rider was hardly out of childhood. The freckles really seemed to put her estimation of him as younger than he probably was. And then the words settled into her mind and his smile along with them.

A tired curtsey was given in respect for his rank and kindness. "Hello." She replied quietly to his and his brown's introduction. "I'm Vikandra." Then with a moment's hesitation, she looked down and also introduced her new bond. "This is Senzanuvoleth."

"We are going to be your lift to New Atricis," P'list continued. "Do you have everything you need to bring?"

With a heavy sigh she nodded compliance. Then despite her frazzled state she was clear-minded enough to say, "Thank you Sir. I..." She looked to Senzanuvoleth and then to her green flit and then to her satchel. "...This is all that I have." She would follow his direction, young as he was. Surely New Atricis would not have sent an inexperienced one to transport them. Right?

As she listened to what P'list had to say, Senzanuvoleth was saying his hello to the brown. The kindness in the brown endeared him to the blue and he moved forward, placed his baby paws upon the brown's snout if he was allowed and rubbed his cheeks up against the brown with affection. Hello. We are to go on a great trip to a new horizon and it will be splendid and fantastical. Tell me all about it please. I love stories.

[..::|x| Toross ..::|x|::.. Elikos ..::|x|::.. Vikandra |x|::..]

Loot ..::|x|::.. Lists