Enjoying a Freeday Together <Tag Yarana/Ember>

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:53 pm

So much had happened since he bumped into Yarana one night and discovered she had Bonded to a Wher accidentally. Since then he had personally witnessed a woman bond with a whole new species of Wher and helped rescue a clutch of eggs from perishing in a fire. He had suffered a few burns from the incident but all had healed now. Curious about how things had gone for Yarana while he had been exploring an Island and seeing many new and exotic creatures Kal decided to track her down on a Freeday he hoped she was also enjoying.

After finishing up his usual evening routine of exercise and taking care of his pets Kalesskel headed out towards the Wherling's barracks and cast his eyes about for the very distinct form of Yarask. He had never seen a Wher like her and it was easy to spot her hide even under the starlit sky. Heading towards the Wher it didn't take Kalesskel long to spot the Handler nearby.

"Good evening Yarana and Yarask," he called out as he approached. "I was hoping to run into you tonight especially since I heard this is a Freeday for you as well."
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:27 am

Yarana was rather pleased to see the candidate again though she couldn't quite explain the reasons why. She chalked most of it up to the fact that Yarask was excited to see him, the wher rather pleased that she had recognized his face and scent well before he'd even spoken to them. She placed a hand on the pale wher's shoulder and bowed her head in greeting to the man, a smile on her face as she spoke. "Good evening to you as well, Kalesskel. And yes, it is a freeday for the two of us. We weren't going to do much beyond walking around and sniffing, truthfully."

The wher, now much bigger than she'd been when last she'd seen him, went over to the man and gave him a gentle nudge, to show that he could pet her if he would please do so. Yarana shook her head and went to show him where the best places to do so were. "Sometimes I worry about her. She has such a soft little heart, I don't even know if she has it in her to be as strong and defending as whers are meant to be." She knew her darling could do it though, and what she said was done so with fondness clinging to her voice.

Shaking her head, she glanced at him, her eyes a little cloudy still, though they cleared of the thoughts between herself and Yarask the longer she stood there. "Anyway, how are you? Its been too long since we've shared that company together."
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:00 pm

"If you allow I would gladly accompany you and Yarask as you walk around and explore the area," Kalesskel responded. It would be educating to him to observe the young Wher exploring her surroundings and see how Yaranna interacts with her Wher. Not to mention he could just talk and get to know her better especially since he may end up Bonding to one of the Island Whers now that they have a clutch hardening.

When Yarask bumped him gently Kal didn't need to ask what she wanted and with a chuckle he gladly scratched where Yaranna indicated her Wher liked it the most. "You have grown so much since I last saw you Yarask and I have to say you are looking more beautiful than ever. You're going to have all the male Whers stumbling over themselves to get your attention."

Kal figured it'll be awhile yet before Yarask had her first Run but that didn't mean males wouldn't want to catch her eye. He looked up at Yaranna when she expressed concern Yarask was too much a softy to be a defender of the Weyr and saw she wasn't 100% serious. "She's young yet and in all honesty I doubted she has seen an enemy to defend against either. I'm sure when she does she'll be as fierce as any Wher."

"I've been well, Candidate lessons have kept me busy," Kal responded and gave Yarask a final scratch before standing up straight. As much as he enjoyed giving the Wher attention he didn't want to spoil her either. "I had the honor of being able to explore that new island and even witnessed Dru Bond to that new type of Wher. That was quite a sight to see but it was only afterwards I had the time to truly appreciate what I had witnessed. I also helped rescue the Wher eggs from the fire so we have that clutch hardening in the sands now and I do hope to Bond to one of them. Did you have a chance to see Drust?"

@Ember
Ember

Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:52 am

She thought about the first time she'd seen the island wher, and how magnificent she was to behold. It wasn't something that she had hopes of bonding to herself - she was rather content to just being one with Yarask, and didn't intend to disrupt their bond, no matter how firm it seemed to be growing each day. She glanced in the crystalline's direction as she pulled away to bound off ahead, wanting to sniff out a snack from the yard burrows.

"I have. She's rather lovely." They moved forward, in the bright wher's direction, and a smile graced her features. She wondered what he wanted to do now that he'd seen the whers for himself, and found herself asking curiously - after all, she'd heard the whispers in the caverns and the Yard; there were many in the community that were eager for the chance to have a chance at the eggs. "Are you hoping to stand for the clutch?"

New eggs, new babies. Yarask commented from where she was digging around. Will need strong handlers. Friend is strong. Friend would be good handler for babies.

Yarana chuckled and glanced again towards her friend. "Well, you heard her. She thinks you'd make a good handler for the wherlets. Might as well consider it if you haven't already."
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:03 pm

Kalesskel strolled along with a smooth pace that seemed to avoid any rocks or cracks which others not used to walking at night might trip over. Even though he hadn't been a Candidate for long his training as a fighter helped improve his surefooted even at night. He also spent most of his free time getting used to fighting and moving in the dark. It wouldn't be the first time he trained at night, often his shifts were at night back at Walled Hold.

He gave an easy smile when Yarask told them he would make a good Handler for the new Wherlets. In truth he was hoping to Stand for the unusual Island Wher clutch he helped rescue. "I do intend to Stand for the Island clutch. It will be an excellent challenge to get to learn all there is to know about this new breed of Wher. There are bound to be some differences given they are partially covered in feathers, who knows what sort of abilities and skills they may have. We already know they have a different naming convention than Isilian Whers and if Durst is any example their plumage can be very bright colours. I didn't get a good look at the unfortunate clutch mother but it did look like she was a gold so they at least share some aspects of typical Whers."

"Will you be attending the Hatching when the time comes?" Kal asked, curious. There was always the possibility the Island Whers will dualbond much like Isilian and Hold Whers but would they dualbond with a subspecies as well? So many questions and all questions Kal would be eager to find out answers for. But there was likely only so much questions he could ask Drust that the Wherlingmasters haven't already thought about or done by now.
Ember

Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:18 am

She had considered whether or not she would attend, and wasn't entirely sure if she would. She knew she wanted to try, if anything for him, her friend. She had others she'd grown close to that would be in attendance, and perhaps she wanted to simply be there to see the fluff-covered whers in general. Yarask wanted to attend in general herself, because she was a curious girl with gentle tendencies and it was beyond Yarana to deny her when she got an idea in her head.

"We're going to try, I think. I can't promise completely that we'll be there, but I know that its something that me and that girl of mine want to do." She watched as Yarask paused in her sniffing to chase off after something, coming back a moment later licking her chops and Yarana rolled her eyes. She knew she'd chased after some little critter on the ground or another, but there was no telling what it was and she wasn't sure if she wanted to know. Always thinking with her stomach, that one, but at least she was good at hunting, which was often difficult in larger expanses thanks to her stark hide.

"Are you hoping to bond to one of them?" She asked, kicking a stone from her path. "Well, that might be a silly question on my part. You wouldn't stand for them if you weren't hopeful." It wasn't as though he were being forced to do so - he was willing, and able, and that seemed to be enough for him.
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:16 pm

"I can't ask any more than that," Kalesskel responded. In a way he hoped Yaranna and Yarsk could make it but would understand if circumstances prevented her. He glanced over at the crystaline Wher and saw her licking her lips. Clearly she was a good hunter despite the brightness of her hide. Even if she was a lousy hunter the unique Wher would never want for food.

"After seeing Durst I find I am quite hopeful to bond to one. Not the type of Wher I originally came here to bond to but I look forward to learning about a new species of Wher. They are similar in some ways but I expect there will be plenty of differences just waiting to be discover hands on." In a way Kalesskel saw it as a challenge, to bond to something mostly unknown and discover who they are while they do the same with him. He was pretty certain these feathered Whers knew very little if anything about humans so this was a learning experience for them too, even if only one adult currently resided at the Weyr.
Ember

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:00 am

She nodded her head in understanding, curious about them herself now. She hadn't had hand's on experiences with them and was now wanting for it. If he bonded with one, it would mean he'd get even more of a chance to have up close and personal time with these unique creatures. "Then I would be very sorry if I missed out on the hatching. I will really try my best, but with duties, it may not be possible." That wasn't meant as an excuse, she would never try and use one with him - but an honest to goodness reason for why she wouldn't be able to make it, and she was certain Kalesskel would understand.

She rubbed the back of her neck and sighed, watching her wher with ease as she pounced after whatever little critter she was trying to "hunt". "The sad thing about her is that if she'd hatched in the wild, I have a feeling she'd have a more difficult time... maybe I'm wrong in worrying about her like that, but... I have that feeling sometimes." She pressed her fingers over a particularly tense spot in her neck and winced. "I'm sure you'll have moments like that with your own friend when you bond, and oh Kalesskel, you will bond. You have the mind for it."

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
LdyPayne
Tag Status:

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:46 pm

Kal wasn't going to fault Yaranna if she couldn't make it to the hatching because of her obligations as a Wherling. he actually understood the importance of doing one's duty even though his own personal ethics often clashed with his sense of duty back at Walled Hold. "I will be disappointed if you couldn't make it but I totally understand your duty comes first. Besides Wherlings may not be granted leave to witness the hatching anyway, especially with young Whers."

He didn't miss the clear sign Yaranna was feeling stress tension on the back of he neck and considered just walking over and massaging her. Kal resisted the urge as he had no idea if his new friend would appreciate the gesture. The women of walled were very particular about men touching them but here in New Atricis he knew men and women were considered far more equal. Still it wasn't so much equality between sexes but respecting eachother's personal space.

"Fortunately she won't need to learn how to survive on her own out in the wild." Kalesskel didn't know if a full grown Wher could survive on catching small prey more easily caught by speed alone. From what he had been taught about wild whers they were as much ambush predators than those who chase down their prey. The Day Whers seemed more the type to chase their prey down over a distance but in the end hunting in a pack likely made a difference. "I'm sure the two of you will be together for many decades to come till you both are ready for the final sleep together."

"There's nothing wrong in worrying about your Bond, we would do the same for any loved one," Kalesskel responded. He worried about his father and even his sisters and mother in his own way. Every day he hoped they will see the injustice of their ways and take a more ethic path as he did. He didn't truly believe it would ever happen but he didn't want to let go of the hope.

"Is your neck sore? I could massage if you wish?" Kal offered. He made no move to put his offer into action, waiting instead for Yaranna's consent.

Ember

Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:57 pm

She didn't want to disappoint him, but she was glad he at least understood. That was a relief of itself. Thankfully, if things went well, she'd be able to join the hatching, but then again, she didn't know for certain if she'd be able to; no need making what could turn out to be an empty promise, so instead she kept her mouth shut on the matter, and simply smiled and nodded. "I'll let you know one way or another if we are." That was something she could hold herself to, and she managed a smile in his direction as it was said.

She was also glad that he thought that about her and Yarask, that they would be together for so long. She hoped that would turn out to be the truth - after all, she couldn't imagine a single lifetime without the little shit in it. To think she'd spent so many Turns pining over dragons, when the one thing she'd truly had needed in the world had been right there before her. She glanced in the wher's direction and smiled even wider. Yes, there would be much more time with the bright creature, she was sure of it.

As for her neck well, that was another question all together. She could let him massage it, which would be nice, but at the same time, she thought she was catching... nope. She couldn't reach there at all. She grimaced and nodded, her face taking on an almost pitiful cast as she regarded the candidate. "If you wouldn't mind." Glad her hair was up, she flung her hand towards where it bothered her the most, in the spaces she couldn't quite reach. "Its right about there, if you can get it for me."

Image x1
counted
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image