Always The Inevitable ~ { tag } Slasher / Keket

The mining settlement for Atricis was technically established way back during the initial Expedition after a group was shown a series of gemstone rich caves. Over time, what was a temporary settlement to gain resources and wealth for building the new Weyr, has become permanent. There is frequent travel back and forth between the mines and the Weyr proper, with a lot of stone, gems, and metal resources coming from these mines as long as the Weyr has miners to work them.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:30 pm

It was strange, perhaps. A man coming to the mines, asking for some work to do. But it was an escape. A comfort. The burn of muscle, the dust in his lungs. It was the burn that reminded him that he was alive, while taking away the voices that were trapped in his mind for a little while. The trip back to the Weyr was always a painful one to make when he was forced to, depending on how far he had to walk. But this one wasn't too terribly far away and he'd be able to stay an evening or two, maybe longer. Maybe they'd like him enough to keep him. That would be good. Good hard work, good hard labor. Never have to worry about a single voice in his mind until they actually came, and just one or two would be easy enough to block away.

Perhaps he was also trying to escape more than just the voices, and the reminders they brought with them, the pain, the ache that always dug at those empty parts of him. There was someone from his past at the Weyr always trying to slip in, and he figured here sh would never show up, never get in the way of things. Why would one of her type bother arriving at a mine of all things, and with a dragon that couldn't care to be seen in such a place of filth? He was safe here, from everything and it all.

Of course, he should have known better.

As he was going through stones, trying to sharpen his eye against the bright light and remind himself of the brief trianing he'd received, he felt a familiar crackle in his mind; it always seemed to happen when a dragon was coming out of between, Then came the voice, so loud and piercing that he dropped what he was holding, receiving several looks in response for his efforts. He grumbled an excuse and picked it up, mumbled something about forgetting something in the mineshafts, and left his tools aside.

No. She was not going to pin him down here of all places. That was not going to happen. No one was going to take away this place of peace and comfort from him. He grabbed a pickaxe and gear and settled himself into a purposeful stride towards the nearest, deepest shaft, twisting and turning through the tunnels until the sound of the dragon's voice muted itself somewhat, though maybe that was by the force he was using in his mind to push it away from his thoughts.

Certain he was safe, he finally stopped to pull things on, realizing only then that he didn't have a wheel barrel, but that didn't matter now. He would deal with the situation after she'd left, and he'd know that when the vibration beneath his skull went away, and he knew it was safe to finally leave the underground.
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Slasher
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status: Open

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:17 pm

Being sent to the mines to make some specific requests for the Weyr was...well, Lamiath was sure it was busy work. Why did they need to send a Gold, of all the possible colors? This was work that was beneath her. But with how many queens there were at Atricis, it wasn't that much a surprise. Keket knew she was a Goldrider, which automatically awarded her some authority. And the fact that they sent a Queen, albeit a lower-ranked one(she wasn't a wingleader or anything, really), only attested to the importance that the Weyr needed these shipments, and they were willing to make that very clear by sending a gold.

As the woman dismounted, the foreman came foreward and bowed to her. Introductions were of course made, the man making all the offers of food or drink, anything to keep her comfortable, it wasn't often they got such esteemed visitors. Keket took it all in stride, and the man's attitude helped soothe Lamiath's own. When Keket went with the man, the dragon sighed heavily, and flopped where she was. Her position forced the workers to go around her, and Keket paused before her and the foreman entered the mines, Dragon, you had better be polite. It would not do to disrupt their work... Wityh a huff, the gold stood, and moved up. A quick flap, and she was perched above the work yard, further up the hillside, Please do not take forever. I will require a thorough bath after this. Keket ignored her dragon as the man brought her into the tunnels. He was offering a tour as they discussed the needs of the Weyr, and of course she was interested. She'd never been inside a mine before.

As they twisted and moved, she paused a moment as the man spoke about various gems, and inspected a rather pretty glittering vein, holding her lantern above it to see better. She realized though that the man's voice ahd gotten fainter, and she looked up. And realized she was alone. Pursing her lips, she hurried to catch up, but it was soon very apparent...she was lost. Biting her lip, she glanced around, then asked a nearby miner which way the foreman had gone. He gave her a blank look, and she apologized and moved on. She had the feeling she was getting deeper. The air was more stale down here, thinner. Seeing another miner though, she gently cleared her throat, ”Excuse me, but which-” As her lantern light hit the man's face, she froze, ”J'drek?!”
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:03 pm

He ground his teeth together at having been discovered, not wanting her to see him. Not like this, not at all, not ever again. But here he was, here she was, and he should have known that in the same Weyr, it had been inevitable. He tried to ignore her the first few moments, but he could feel her dragon in his mind, as if she had found a place to plunk herself and weigh him down, pressing him further into the ground until he felt the weight of it all become too much, and so he turned to Keket and frowned. "Don't call me that." He hissed, the first thing he'd said to her since the last time they'd seen one another in the North. "I don't bear that name anymore."

It scaped against his ears, burned and stung in a way it never had since he'd lost his dragon. It didn't help that it was coming from her of all people. She obviously didn't know what had happened, which he supposed wasn't fair to her. He had thought she might know, or have some idea, but she may not have known his name pre-Impression. He didn't relax though, even with that thought planted in his mind, even as he tried to get past the discomfort of her dragon in his mind... did she know somehow that he could hear? Had he left himself that open and she had simply plucked up those emotions and took hold of them?

"You shouldn't be here." He picked up another chunk of stone and started to break it apart, not with pick or chisel, but with his hands. "I came here to be alone, Keket." He couldn't look at her - if he did, she would know and why did the idea of her knowing shame him?
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Slasher

Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:52 pm

The woman was slightly taken aback by the man's demeanor. They hadn't exactly parted on the best of terms, and it was all her fault really. But she didn't think that perhaps that tone was warranted...Even if it was. ”I don't bear that name anymore.” Her brow furrowed and she watched him as he lifted another stone, and angrily broke it up in his hands. Alright, on one hand, she took brief, petty pleasure in watching his arms as he crushed the lumps. But she also could hear something in him. The time they had spent together offered her a bit of insight into him, and...

Her hand went to her mouth, her eyes widening. She knew...Or at least...she guessed. He came to the tunnels to be alone, far from his dragon, but...There had been no other dragon present when her and Lamiath arrived. There was no good reason for him to be so far, unless...

Lamiath's keen vibrated the area around her, a low shriek that echoed even as far down as they were. Keket's eyes were threatening to spill tears over, but she stubbornly held onto them. She wanted to reach out to him, she wanted to hold him, but she couldn't even begin to try and understand what he was going through. So she just stood there, a bit in shock at the unspoken news, and...She felt like a complete piece of shit for splitting like she did. She licked her lips then, and shook her head to try and clear her mind, ”I'm sorry...yes, I know, but I got lost...” She wasn't sure if she meant literally in the tunnels, or in general when she left him. Maybe both, ”I'm sorry...” She felt agony for him, and her words were heavy with it.
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:57 pm

He didn't move immediately after her apology came. He wanted to yell at her, to scream and tell her to go away. But he couldn't. She didn't know, how could she have. She'd left, gone, ran. Never came back, never thought to check. Anger swelled in his belly, threatened to rise up his chest. He wouldn't let it. He looked down at his fingers, realized they were bleeding from the rock he'd split with his bare hands. It gave him a shock to see, that he could still bleed but more so that he was able to feel pain that didn't sink past his bones.

He brushed past her to a cloth that rested in the leather bag he'd brought into the tunnels with him and riffled through it, smearing blood over the fine stitching, until he came across what he wanted. "You didn't know." He croaked, the first sign that something wasn't quite right with him at the moment. "How are you?" He tried to brush off her apology, tried to ignore the hurt in his body, the way he wanted to convulse, and the agonizing emptiness inside of his head.

As he held the cloth to his hands, he knew one thing was for certain - he needed sound. Not dragon sound, not their voices. Human sound, chatter, something to distract him from the sudden silence that rang around him. "Please," he begged of her. "Talk to me. Don't leave me alone." This time...

Image x2
counted
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Slasher

Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:59 pm

Her eyes were slightly searching as she watched him war within himself, and her chest ached for him. There was nothing she could do that might soothe him. She honestly felt like her presence was hurting him more, but...she was still lost in the damned mines, and she honestly didn't want to just wander around. She knew that was just asking for something bad to happen, mines weren't exactly a safe place for those unfamiliar with them.

As he brushed past her, she thought maybe she saw something on his hands, but they were covered in dirt too, so...As we went to his bag, she took a few steps after him, but hesitated to get any closer or to touch him. He was practically vibrating with agony. But then he spoke, and she couldn't help but move closer. She lifted a hand towards his back, then let it drop. Don't leave me alone...

Taking a small breath, she did something she hadn't done in too long. She sang. Her voice rose softly, not loud, but it carried in the tunnel, bouncing off the rocky walls and rolling around them like a bubble. She moved closer then, until her hands touched his back. Then she kept going, letting her fingers slide around his sides until she could wrap her arms around his middle, pressing her forehead against his back near his shoulder blades. Her voice kept going, though the sound was the slightest bit muffled as she hugged him until the song was done, and she just stayed there, her cheeks wet with the tears that had escaped for him as she sang.

ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:58 am

At first, he thought she would turn him away, move on, brush him off. Why bother with a dragonless man when there were more important matters to attend to? He would realize later how unfair that was of him to think - fuck, when had it become so toxic in his mind? - but then there was a touch and he shook.

Then there was song.

And his body started to collapse, only to be gathered up, or so it felt. He leaned into what she was offering him, the comfort. For the first time, he took it, allowing it to soak into his being, through the thin layer that was forming around his soul. Tears seeped past the barriers of his closed eyes and down his cheeks, and even if he could have stopped them he wouldn't have.

It was as if he had needed this, and while it didn't fix everything, while it wouldn't fix a damn thing but this moment, it was what he had needed at least for today. He settled his head back against her and shuddered as the song came to an end, the last of his emotions seeping out of him, and he was too weak at the moment to press or argue, save for one simple request. "Please tell Lamiath to stay quiet, for a little while at least. I can't handle the voices right now, Keket..." She would understand, oh Faranth, he knew he could count on her to understand that much at least.

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Slasher

Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:50 pm

She held him, it was all she could do at that moment. She felt him lean into her, and while realistically she had no hope to actually hold the man up, she did her best and held her arms wrapped on him. Why had she left him? His hurt was clear to her, even Lamiath could feel it as the gold remained silent up above. She could feel her dragon lurking in the back of her mind though, and realized again...Judarek was all alone in his head, except he wasn't. Not when there were dragon's around, at least. And hearing them, and not being able to hear his own other half...Shards, the agony he must feel.

Keket tightened her right arm on him, while her left slid off him, and around up his back. Her fingers laced up into his hair, gently curling through the dark strands as she breathed him in. Whatever they had between them in the past, she wasn't about to presume they would go back to that. But she could still do what she could to comfort him, hold him, be his friend if he would have her. She felt Lamiath's acceptance of remaining quiet, especially since she had no wish to harm him. She felt the passing of his dragon, she knew from Keket that it was sad, but she was still just a dragon. ”Anything you need, hun.” Her voice was soft as she hugged him, turning her face so her cheek pressed against his back, her fingers still lightly massaging his head, the other firm around him.

ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:42 am

He would regret it later, breaking down in front of her, crying, showing this weakness. He had been strong for so long, but seeing her and being so close to a thing from the past had just broken him. There was no escaping it now, but what else could he do but accept it - everything? Shaking his head against her shoulder, he didn't know if she could do anything at the moment outside of hold him. He felt too numb to brush her away, and his thoughts were, for the time, blissfully silent. At the Weyr, there was always that buzzing in his mind like something was going on, but he had to really focus to pick up on anything concrete. That made it the worst for him - sometimes he would focus without thinking, or realizing it, and it was like a cruelty, more so when the intention wasn't there.

"Thank you." Came a rasp a moment later, as he started to pull away, or at least take his strength back and wrap it around his spine once more. It didn't stick like he wanted, but he didn't think it would again, at least not the way he wanted it to. "I'm trying, Keket... Trying so hard. I didn't mean to fall to pieces at your feet." He would have laughed if he'd had it in him, but there was no humor to be had in the tunnels they were in. "Maybe someday I'll have something you can do to help. I just don't think today is going to be that day..."

Image x9
counted
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Slasher

Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:06 pm

As he started to pull away, she let him. She could only hope that the little she did would do something for him. She could still feel Lamiath up above, pointedly remaining silent, and the woman couldn't imagine not having that presence in her mind. Oh, Jude...When he managed to step out of her arms, she let him. Realistically, she couldn't follow him. She had duties. She had responsibilities. She had to return to the foreman before the man panic'd and sent a search party or something else silly.

All the woman wanted to do at that moment was chase after the man though. He was hurting, and she hated that there was nothing she could do, ”I am sorry for everything.” And she meant everything. ”I know you might not, and I fully respect that, but...My door is always open, even if you just want to get away somewhere quiet. Or if you want a song. Or anything...There's nothing wrong with falling apart sometimes.” She meant it too. There really wasn't, even if he hadn't lost his dragon. They were only human, they had emotions. She knew she should take that opportunity to leave, walk away, go find her way out of the mines, or some other miner to guide her back out, but she hesitated, still looking at his turned back.

Image x2
ImageImageImageImage