Morning Glory ~ { tag } Kate / A'ric

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:03 pm

[ Takes place a little after Sandalphonth's flight. ]

The tension that Dirce had felt for days was gone as she opened her eyes and started to stretch. There was a presence in her bed, someone that she didn't quite know, and she was well aware of the reasons why. Smug, though due to her dragon's feelings, she glanced over at her partner and watched him for a moment before quietly slipping from the bed and reaching for the robe she always kept on a chair nearby. A bath sounded nice right about now, then perhaps she could come out and start them up some lunch while he washed himself up.

But first, she wanted to check in on Sandy, see how the zultanite was feeling, though for all intents and purposes she could tell. Her dragon never felt such a sense of satisfaction, the need to show off and roll in the sensations that had been given to her by the great bronze that had flown with her. She almost laughed as she slipped in the water but was polite and refrained from doing so. *Feeling better, my love?*

I'm feeling rather well, yes. Came the reply, and it laced with smug contentment. She was stretched out underneath a bronze wing, though her stomach was starting to rumble and soon enough she would need food. Was the flight okay for you, Dirce? And there it was, the return of the dragon she knew so well. It was a relief to hear her again, and the woman nodded as she began to wash herself, sending a silent confirmation to the zultanite to relieve her of suspicions otherwise.

She heard shuffling coming from the sleeping chamber and suspected her flight partner was rising, so quickly finished up. She pinned her damp hair up as soon as she'd rubbed it dry, then worked on the rest of her body; towel on the skin, perfume infused lotion, fresh clothing, and that was it. After grabbing her keys and her belt and settling both into place, she stomped into her boots and felt ready to face the day.

Outside she saw him, and offered a smile as she went to fetch new drying cloths from the linen closet. "I'm afraid I don't have anything that smells more masculine as far as my soap sands go, but you're free to the bath if you'd like." She slipped into the bathing chamber and set the fresh things down for him. "And I can begin on lunch for the two of us while you're in there, have it at least partially completed by the time you rejoin me."
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Kate
Tag Status:

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:09 am

As the morning came, it seemed to the young man that it had come a bit to soon. To him, it felt as though they had only just fallen asleep. Wait, they? For a moment, the bronze rider didn’t understand why he had thought they. Then it dawned on him. The Flight! How could he have even forgotten about that? Behemoth had won too. As A’ric thought about that and smirked, stretching a little. The bronze was becoming quiet the ladies man apparently. The big bronze did have quiet a few Flight wins under his belt now.

Sighing contently, the man tried to clear his mind so that he could go back to sleep. In all honesty, he was just not ready to get up either. It would feel good to allow himself to sleep in a little. Besides, he knew it was probably just as early as it felt. Being awake right now was probably just the result of conditioning his body to do it.

Eventually he managed to drift off once again, although it wasn’t a deep sleep or anything like that. When he felt his partner moving, he just laid there, totally relaxed. While he was awake, he wasn’t fully awake. The bronze rider could tell that she got out of bed, but he decided to stay there. Maybe he could fall back asleep a little more.

A’ric laid there for another half a candle mark before he decided to finally just get up. Dark eyes glanced around, trying to find all of his clothes. It didn’t take him long to at least throw his undergarments and pants back on. For a moment, he briefly debated if he should wait in here for her to come back, or if he should go walk around the apartment and try and find her.

Eventually he decided he would at least walk out of the bedroom and see. The man ended up actually walking outside with just his boots and pants on for the time being, and was kind of shocked to see her out there. Chuckling he said, ”Well, I don’t really mind what I smell like, as long as I’m clean I guess. And lunch sounds great. I can help you once I get done cleaning up. I don’t mind, I actually really like cooking.”

Dark eyes glanced around and A’ric said, ”I can also help you carry all that stuff in if you want.”
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:05 pm

Dirce smiled over at him and nodded, glad that he was in good spirits. "That sounds fantastic to me." She may have gone a little too overboard on things to cook, prepare and chop, but she had wanted to make sure she fed the flight winner well before he went his own way. That and she was hungry herself, so it made sense that there would have been a lot of food prepared to eat and tend to. "If you wanted to help set things out, we could do that now. I'm just about done with the hot dishes, so everything on plates or in bowls are ready to be set out now." She nodded towards the counter where the dishes in question were ready.

Outside on the pavilions, content and still sleepy, Sandalphonth rested next to Behemoth, certain still that she had chosen well for her first flight. He was strong and large, had flown her well, and the children they would have would be grand indeed. She was not in any mood to move or rouse him just yet, so she decided she would watch what was going on around her instead while curled up against him. Soon enough though she would want to fly, to bathe, to eat properly. But for now, that needn't be a priority. For now, there was only contentment at her mate's side.
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Kate
Tag Status:

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:14 pm

A smile quickly made it’s way to the bronze rider’s face as the young woman readily agreed to what he had said. It honestly did sound like a good idea. Quiet honestly, the man knew that people normally didn’t offer to cook for the other person, but well, if people did not know by now, A’ric was not your typical man. Sure, he figured there were probably more guys out there like him, but he had yet to see more than one or two.

While he had finally gotten used to the whole Flight thing, waking up after it still made him a little uneasy. Why it made him uneasy, he still hadn’t quiet figured out. He should be completely used to it, completely used to every little aspect by now. It was probably just the fact that while he knew who he went to bed with, at least, in passing, it was still weird to wake up to someone that you did not have any true feelings for. Or well, at least for him. He was all about being the romantic, and this kind of thing obviously

After finding out where the wash room was, he got himself cleaned up rathe quickly, before meeting Dirce in the kitchen and seeing if there was anything that needed to be done. As she answered, he nodded, looking around at everything, his stomach giving a low rumble, A slight blush crept onto his features as he moved to grab the first set of things to take outside, hoping that the young woman hadn’t heard that. ”You didn’t have to go through the trouble of making all of this. But, I appreciate it none the less. Thank you.”

As he was setting things on the table, he gently reached out to Behemoth and sensed the bronze was still sleeping. Content and filled with pride at his most recent win, the man knew his dragon would probably still be sleeping for a while, so he let him be. They would be moving on soon enough, and there was no need for giant bronze to be awake at the moment.

Finally, he had all the dishes on the table, except for the ones the young woman had still been working on. Smiling softly he said, ”Everything looks amazing. Is there anything else I can help you with?”
Ember

Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:24 am

She smiled over her shoulder, and brought what she had been working on over a moment later. "Pretty well set I think." She set the crowning piece on the table, before seating herself to join him, very much hungry and eager to dig in. The flight hadn't been as difficult to handle as she had anticipated it would be, but then again she was of Weyr blood; she figured that had something to do with it. Of course she didn't know if it had been any different for him, but wasn't going to press the issue. She wasn't looking for anything from it, just a decent friendship if anything - and if that didn't happen, then at least they could get along hopefully for the sake of their dragons, though she suspected that hers wouldn't be the slightest bit possessive of his.

"Eat as much as you'd like, by the way. I made so much because Faranth knows I tend to pack the food away myself." She grinned as she started to plate herself up, not at all shy about loading up on dishes in front of him, nor was she shy about asking questions of him as she did so. "So, A'ric of Behemoth if I'm not mistaken, right?" She glanced in his direction for a moment, a delicate brow lifted in question before she nodded in approval. "I'm glad she chose a good bronze then, though I still worry about whether or not she'll prove fertile. She's so certain she'll go queen but I have my concerns about that - there's no guarantee, but I suppose we'll see. Trust in your dragon and all, so they say."

She smiled and shook her head, knowing it wasn't really something she should start their first conversation off with, but hopefully he would understand. "I should be asking how you slept, but I wasn't sure if that would be awkward for you or not." She took a bite of her food and watched him for a moment while chewing. After swallowing, she decided on a different course of questioning instead. "So how about this - how are you doing after a rather long, enjoyable nap?"
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Kate
Tag Status:

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:18 am

A’ric sat down, looking around. Honestly, the man had not really expected this whole spread of food. Honestly, he would have been just as happy with a cup of klah and some bread and jam or something. Admittedly, he was now starving as he looked at the food, and he would make sure that he thanked her once again before he left. While she hadn’t really wanted him to, he would have helped her cook. Or, he would have even cooked something for her. He wasn’t the greatest cook, but he was pretty decent for being a man. But, since she had insisted, he had not really pushed the issue.

As he heard her voice, dark eyes looked at the food once more, and he slowly began putting stuff on his plate. As the man caught sight of the amount of food on Dirce’s plate, he smiled softly to himself, glad to not be embarrassed by the amount of food on his own plate. Nodding in agreement he said, ”Yes, I’m A’ric. I’m glad you think Behemoth is a good bronze. He sure likes to think he is anyway.” That last bit was just a playful jest at his dragon. Listening, he then said, ”I can’t say I know how that feels, but I do agree with what people say. You should trust her. I’m sure the waiting will not be the greatest, but if she in fertile, I’m can almost be certain it will be worth it.”

Taking a bite of his food and politely swallowing before he spoke, she smiled softly before he said, “”Well, either way. I slept fine, and I’m doing great. How about you? I seem to remember by first Flight being a little rough on me. I hope you first one wasn’t too rough on you.”
Ember

Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:59 pm

He seemed like a nice man, and she was glad for that. She wouldn't have wanted there to have been an issue and besides that... he was Weyrsecond if she recalled right. That would have been a bag of bad fish she wouldn't have wanted to dig into; thankfully that was not at all the case. It was all good, pleasant. She had something she could honestly say had been a decent experience for her, even if next flight she would likely choose something a little more private. Well, that also depended on how the clutching went, if there was indeed a clutch. She still had some worries, some doubts, as to whether or not there even would be one; rest assured though, Sandalphonth would tell her when she roused - eggs would be on the sands in three months' time.

"Oh, it wasn't rough at all. Strange is more like it. Not that you were... bad." She assured him, putting a hand up and flushing slightly around the ears. "Its just that I did't expect the sensation of not having control, but having to have all of it at once to be the way it had been. It was an unusual sensation, not at all a thing they had been able to teach during training." Hopefully he would understand what she'd been meaning to say - it made sense to her, but she knew the words might not be understood by another. "But overall it feels like I'm closer to Sandalphonth, strange as that might sound? Or maybe it might not sound too strange at all, I don't know. Does it feel that way to you, when you go through flights, that you're closer to your dragon because of them?"

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Kate
Tag Status:

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:39 pm

While she briefly paused to answer, the bronze rider took that opportunity to take another sip of his blah, just actually quiet enjoying his morning so far. Now that he was a bit more versed in Flights, he knew that sometimes, it didn’t always work out this way. Sometimes they just went their separate ways, or sometimes they stayed together for the day for an encore of the night before. Usually it did not matter to the bronze rider which one happened after a Flight he had taken part in. Admittedly though, this was very nice. This was a nice relaxing time, with nothing on the schedule for after. There were no ulterior motives, and that made the bronze rider feel a bit more relaxed at the same time.

When he heard what she said, he couldn’t stop himself from chuckling. Raising his hand, he waved it off. Dark eyes glanced at her once more, noticing that she did indeed seem to be a bit embarrassed. ”Well, thanks. If that was your first time, then I guess you weren’t bad either.” As she continued, his dark eyes turned thoughtful as he turned what she had said over in his mind. While he didn’t exactly follow her, he knew the sentiment and feelings she was talking about. While it probably hadn’t felt that strong to him, he did remember the sensations and the weird feelings and everything.

Smiling softly he shook his head, ”No, that doesn’t sound weird at all honestly. I mean, I did feel slightly closer with Behemoth, after our first Flight, but, I’m sure it’s more prominent with the Queens. As for all of our Flights, I do always feel a bit closer, but, lately, its been just about the same. Maybe it’s just because I’ve been with him for so long already,, where as your bond is still new compared to mine.”

Grinning once more he said, ”Here, let me at least help you with the dishes. It’s the least I can do after you made me this wonderful meal.” Ah,, there it was. Always the perfect gentleman, no matter what, it seemed.

Ember

Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:12 pm

She smiled and considered it a moment. He had a point. Perhaps it was different between the queens and riders and the others. She hadn't considered it until now, and maybe it was something to ask the other queenriders about sometime. Maybe later, she had some things to do first today, before she got too far into her day. "Thank you for your insight, A'ric. It has given me something to think about at least." She was about to start gathering dishes when he asked if he could help, and she paused. She could have said no, but he was so polite, such a gentleman about it, and she decided that she couldn't very well say no.

"That would be nice, actually. Yeah, thank you." They gathered things up and headed towards the kitchen, where she took care of whatever leftovers there were, and she offered him the cleaned dishes to wash up. "I can dry them and put them away." She assured him. "It'll be something I have to do later regardless, so I don't really mind that part." Whether or not he accepted that was up to him, and if he said he would do it anyway, she wouldn't argue.

Image x8
counted
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Kate
Tag Status:

Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:29 pm

Aric could not help but chuckle softly to himself as he listened to her. Honestly he didn’t really known exactly what insights he had actually given her, but she seemed to like having something to think about, so, whatever worked he supposed. Although, now that he thought about it a bit more, he had never really thought about things like that before. It was a nice stimulating conversation, and he found that he was very happy to have had the chance to actually have this discussion.

When he made the offer to help her with her dishes, he had been being totally sincere. Part of him had honestly thought that she would say no, so he was ready for that answer. When she agreed to his help, a smile came to his face and the bronze rider quickly began helping to clear the dirty dishes away from the table, and back into Dirce’s apartment. Honestly, he didn’t mind helping, it actually made everything seem a bit less awkward. Then again, maybe that was just his opinion, but it did seem like that to him, so that’s what he was going to do to try and make everything easier.

Grinning over at the young woman and he nodded. If she wanted something to do later, he would just make sure that was what she had, and he wasn’t going to argue or anything. Quickly he began to clean the dishes, enjoying the time actually. It did not take him long to be done, and when he was, he gave the young woman a kiss on the cheek, thanking her for everything before heading out and back to his own apartment.

[FIN]