Nothing is Broken [Tag Ember/Kolyat]

The Crafter Complex is a series of buildings that contain craft halls and rooms for the crafters of New Atricis to work. There is a single dorm building for apprentices, while journeyman and masters live in second floor rooms in their respective crafts. Off to the side from the complex is the largest building, the Infirmary, where everyone in the Weyr receives Healer attention and desk workers keep track of who comes and goes at the entrance to the Infirmary.
Eternal
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status:

Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:46 pm

Despite being a crafter and a weyrling, Morafae still found herself doing mundane little chores around New Atricis. Benden would actively just let her rot away while here, she was expected to pull her weight. This was all well and dandy, except for when she banged herself up good and not realizing it. Somehow she had cut herself while putting away items in the storages. Kaurrunoth was quiet for a while until...

You do realize you are bleeding yes? I think its about time you got that looked at by a healer.

What do you mean bleeding? I haven't done anything outlandish! When Morafae looked herself over, sure enough there was a small gash in her arm from something cutting her. Wood perhaps, or maybe a rock. She honestly didn't feel it. So much had been on her mind - her battle with depression, Kaurrunoth finding her and choosing her, and now knowing she'd never be alone again. After loosing her adoptive mother, Mora felt suddenly afraid to die and what it must had been like for her mother to pass away alone. It still plagues her and is the main reason she can sometimes be so under-motivated to do anything. After impressing to Kaurru, she's learned to gain a will to live so that she can care for him.

Now it is my turn to take care of you. Go to a healer before I drag you there myself.

Morafae sighed and gave up trying to argue with him - when his mind was settled on something, there was barely a chance to change that. So off to the infirmary she went and now she sat in a room waiting for a healer to come look at her. She honestly thought it was nothing to bother a healer about, but with Kaurrunoth continuously shooing her in that direction...well here she was! It wasn't as if her arm was broken or anything major. She sighed and shook her head as the blue radiated with confidence about getting her to a healer. This weyrling business was no joke. You better be happy for this...healers and I do not get along.
Image Image Image Image Image
Aihinoeth ~ Kaurrunoth ~ Circeth ~ Weyrfolk ~ Nievath
Art Shop. Marks Tracker. Character Tracker
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:44 pm

Kolyat rubbed the back of his neck as he went over the papers and hides in front of him. A few charts were stacked off to the side, while Josephine was perched to the left, ready to alert him to when he was set to see someone. He heard his name being called by the healer at the front desk before he even heard his firelizard alert him to anything, and looked up, preparing his things after shuffling his things aside. "Give me a moment!" He called to the Apprentice as he made sure the room he was in was in tip top shape.

It didn't take long for him - the infirmary was always meticulously clean, right down to the sharpest edges and corners of every surface and area. He glanced in the cabinets, made sure everything was in order, that there was nothing that needed to be filled even if a few moments prior he'd done this very thing after cleaning up after the last patient. Then he grabbed a fresh chart and set it aside before going out to fetch the patient in question.

She wore weylring knots with blue cords, and he nodded in her direction when he appeared. He would have offered his hand, but he saw hers were occupied, and decided a simple greeting would have to do for now. "Hello. I'm Journeyman Kolyat, and I'll be seeing you today. Can you tell me who you are while I take a quick look?" He nodded towards her covered arm and held out his hands towards it, hoping she would understand he wanted her to bring it towards him.
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Eternal
Tag Status:

Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:44 pm

As the healer entered the area, Morafae was a little unsure still about being seen by one. It was just a scratch. Why are you having me see a healer over this? Kaurrunoth simply restated what he had told her before - because he was looking after her and that's what he would always do. She gave up arguing with her blue as the healer introduced himself, "Morafae, weyrling to Blue Kaurrunoth." She wasn't exactly sure why she told him who her bonded was, but she supposed it was good practice for more formal greetings. Everything about weyrlinghood was a blur to her right now and probably the reason why she cut herself today.

Kolyat motioned for her arm and she hesitated, it had been a long time since she socialized with anyone even if this was simply a check up. Finally, after a good moment of silence, she gave up her arm and uncovered the gash. Well, that look worse than it had when she had scratched herself. What exactly had she done to herself?

This haze stuff really needs to end, or you'll continue to gash yourself with pieces of wood.

Oh now she remembered - she was putting away some storage chests and one of the edges scratched her arm as she set it down. Maybe it was a bit too heavy for her to handle but she rationalized it to needing to be stronger to ride Kaurrunoth one day. "I think a wooden box dug into my arm." she nervously stated, although she wasn't exactly sure if he needed or wanted the explanation.

Ember

Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:23 am

He looked over the wound carefully from a cursory perspective and judged that it was at least going to need a good cleaning out. Any wound generally did, if only to ensure there was no debris stuck inside. It looked shallow from what he could see, but deep enough to require some sutures, and so he covered it back up and placed gentle pressure upon it. "Can you hold it just like this and follow me? We're going to go to a room so I can take care of it." He offered her a smile and led her up and away.

A few moments later they were stepping into an examination area and he pointed to where she could settle herself down. "I just need to wash up my hands and gather a few supplies, then we'll get working." He explained, moving around the room with an expert ease. "If you have any questions while I'm working, be sure to ask, and I'll make sure to speak to you while I work, letting you know what it is I'm doing at all times so you won't be left in the dark. Does that seem good to you?"

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Eternal
Tag Status:

Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:46 pm

Mora put some gentle pressure on the wound and hissed as it stung, following Kolyat as he lead her. It had been a long time since she had been in an infirmary, the last one she could remember was Benden's. The death of her mother was not an easy thing to get over for her and only recently had she been able to see some sort of light at the end of a tunnel. Impressing to Squall and then Kaurrunoth had been her lifelines and she didn't know what would happen to her if she lost either of them. The little blue firelizard on her mind was agitated that he couldn't be with her but Mora wasn't allowing him inside the infirmary - who knew what he would do if she were in pain while Kolyat worked on her.

"That seems fair, although wouldn't it be better if you just focused on the procedure?" She didn't want to distract him with questions or prevent him from working efficiently. Plus she was still learning how to interact with others again and healers never were her favorite type of person to talk to. Too many of them just would give up on her and put her into a fellis state of sleep rather than help her cope. Eventually most of the healers at Benden had stopped caring for her and only a drudge or two would make sure she ate and got out of her bed every day. Still...there was a certain someone prodding at her to continue to talk to him, "How long have you been a journeyman?"

Ember

Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:42 am

He smiled at her concern, and felt the corner of his mouth crack ever so slightly. Clearly, she'd never encountered him before so she'd be in for a treat. "I'm a dedicated crafter, weyrling." He assured her as he finished gathering what he would need from the cabinets and drawers. "I know what I'm doing, and would have no problem focusing on my task while answer questions." While he would have liked to have given her a demonstration of that now, he needed to explain what he was doing first. "I'm going to begin by cleaning your word out, make sure there's no debris trapped in it. This is going to sting unfortunately, but once I'm finished, I'll slather on some numbweed and well begin the suturing process."

He pulled up a stool using his foot and whistled softly under his breaeth. Josephine, his amethyst, came and landed on his shoulder, holding onto things for him while he started his work, and offering them to him or putting them in places when he didn't. "Now, as for your question," he said as he started to clean the wound. "I've been a Journeyman for several Turns now. One of the proudest moments of my life, next to having had my mother there to see it happen." He smiled at that before grabbing a cloth to press at some of the blood dripping from the wound as he flushed out the wound.

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Eternal
Tag Status:

Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:31 am

Morafae glared at the title and haughtily looked away from him for a second. Her feathers ruffled, so to speak, she didn't like it when people referred to her as simply a weyrling. She had more than that attached to her. "I never said that you didn't know what you were doing." she stopped before she chewed his head off and winced as he began to clean the wound. A blue firelizard popped into the room and sat protectively on her lap, squawking at the healer. He puffed himself up to make him appear bigger than he was (he and Kaurrunoth were rather small for their range), poised to strike if this unknown person continued to hurt his human.

Mora thanked Squall and calmed him down mentally, resting her other hand on his back. It didn't take much to settle Mora as Kolyat mentioned his mother attending his walking ceremony and her expression grew grim. Now she went from being huffy to depressed and Kaurrunoth was alarmed at the sudden change, questioning her in the back of her mind. I am fine Kaurru. Just thinking about my mother again. His mind began to wrap around her's like a familiar blanket and it took the edge off of her sudden mood switch. "Must had been a moment to experience with her." She dryly stated, wincing again as he continued to clean the wound.

Kaurrunoth continued to press her to open up more, hoping that this human would heal more than just her physical wound. Morafae fought it because she had already gone to healers about this and none of them could help her. To please him however, she did eventually say something on it, "When I walked, my mother could not attend and by the time I could send word to her about it - she was gone." she turned her head away from him so that he couldn't see tears forming at the corner of her eyes. Squall pressed his body close to her's to comfort her.

Ember

Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:56 am

He hadn't meant to upset the weyrling. Hadn't intended to either. It was just one of those things that had seemed to happen due to circumstances that had come about and it made him frown for such carelessness on his part. He didn't let it bother him too much though, not for some heartless means, but so he could continue to focus on her wound while he worked on it. "I'm... sorry to hear about your mother. Mine - she was... my foster mother, but she was just my mother all the same - was lost to me a little while ago."

He hadn't told her to try and make his pain seem worse than hers, but to try and tell her that he understood, and if that didn't make it seem that way, he added to it - "What I'm trying to say is that I understand, I do. I may not grasp how your own pain affected you, but I know what the loss of a mother feels like. It hurts, especially if you were close to them." Then, to try and lighten the mood some, he smiled, though that was dashed when he started to pass the needle through her skin. "Why don't you tell me about that dragon of yours a little, or your mother, maybe both?"

Image x6
counted
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Eternal
Tag Status:

Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:10 pm

It was a bit of a surprise to Mora when Koylat apologized and then informed her that his mother was actually a foster mother. Seems they had a little bit in common, something she actually was able to bond to someone over. The pain was different for each of them but it, in a way, was the same all the same. "My mother was also my foster mother - my birth mother died while bearing me and I was quickly adopted out while at Benden Weyr." A few tears fell and she quickly scrubbed them away while Squall continued to comfort her. "My family now is my boys here; the brazen fellow on my shoulder is Squall and Kaurrunoth is my bonded."

It was much more natural for her to talk about her boys than her mother. It also tended to keep her mood from changing quickly or her depression to sneak up on her. "I impressed to Kaurrunoth after I had transferred here. It was quite a surprise really, I hadn't expected to be accepted as a candidate...Benden's healers had given up on me a long time ago, and Kaurrunoth burst from his egg and went directly for me." she smiled fondly at her memories of their union.

A perfect one if you ask me and a perfect day as well. Even if the brat has to join us.

Mora smiled gently and chuckled, "Kaurru and Squall don't seem to get along most of the time, but I'm sure they will work out their differences eventually. I-I think my mother would have been proud." She wasn't confident enough to continue on the subject of her mother, so she went silent after that and watched as he cleaned the wound.

Ember

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:05 pm

"I'm sure she would have been." He smiled up at her, though he didn't know who her mother was, even if a part of him wondered who she was. Had she been friend's with his own mother, had they been that close to knowing one another in the past, perhaps? He thought about it for a moment and shook it off, knowing when a subject had been closed with someone and not wanting to push her. Let her open it back up on her own, when it wasn't quite bearing the salt of pain as it was now.

Deciding it best to switch the subject, he glanced at the work he was doing and saw that it was going by rather nicely - no mistakes, a perfect stitch in the wound. She would heal nice, with only the faintest of lines ending up on her skin as scar tissue rather than something thick and noticeable. "Talk to me about your dragon while I'm working. What kind is he? How old is he? I always like hearing about the bonds of my patients who have them - yours is certainly no different."

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image